Human Chlamydia trachomatis IgA ELISA kit is a protocol for measuring in-vitro quantitative levels of IgA class antibodies to Chlamydia trachomatis using either plasma or serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit to a diagn. >95.0%.
Chlamydia trachomatis is usually commonly referred to as chlamydia, it is a pathogenic bacteria which are known as obligate intracellular parasites. C. trachomatis is ovoid in shape, a non-motile and gram negative bacterium. This bacterium is regarded as one of the most frequent reported cases of sexually transmitted disease within the United States and it is also a leading cause for infectious blindness (trachoma) around the world. Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) can be employed in order to find substances (Chlamydia antigens) that are responsible for triggering the immune system to fight Chlamydia infection. Researcher has also utilised Chlamydia Elementary body (EB)-ELISA which is able to stratify the different stages of infection based upon Immunoglobulin-γ status of the infected individuals.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgA class antibodies to Chlamydia trachomatis using current human Chlamydia trachomatis IgA ELISA kit was to a diagn. >95.0%. The dynamic range for this assay is to a specific cut-off point.
- Serum specific IgA antibody to Chlamydia trachomatis in patients with chlamydial infections detected by ELISA and an immunofluorescence test. J Clin Pathol. (1984) 37 (6): 686-91. Cevenini R., et al.
- Do IgA antibodies to Chlamydia trachomatis have protective role in humoral immunity: a study in reactive arthritis patients. Microbes Infect. (2015) 17 (11-12): 806-10. Kumar P., et al.
- IgA antibodies to Chlamydia trachomatis and metabolic syndrome. Microbiol Immunol. (2010) 54 (12): 747-9. Sehnem L., et al.
- Prevalence and diagnostic significance of specific IgA and anti-heat shock protein 60 Chlamydia trachomatis antibodies in subfertile women. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. (2014) 33 (5): 761-6. Arsovic A., et al.
- Chlamydia trachomatis and male infertility: chlamydia-IgA antibodies in seminal plasma are C. trachomatis specific and associated with an inflammatory response. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. (1999) 12 (2): 143-52. Ochsendorf F.R., et al.
- Full Name: Chlamydia Trachomatis IgA ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: diagn. >90.0%