- Created on the 12 July, 2017.
Human Chlamydia pneumoniae IgM ELISA kit is a protocol designed for in-vitro quantitative measurement of human IgM class antibodies against Chlamydia pneumoniae present in plasma or serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit to a diagn. 83.3%.
Chlamydia pneumoniae has been implicated a large number of chronic illness for example asthma, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, atherosclerosis and many others. However, it has been found to be a common cause of both lower and upper respiratory illnesses such as pneumonia, pharyngitis, sinusitis and bronchitis in both adults and children. The diagnosis of acute infections is quite well established in most laboratories, however the diagnosis of the chronic infections pose many difficulties since the infections can be caused by a multitude of factors. Typically, diagnosis is usually based on either direct microscopy or serology (such as ELISA) methods. Atypical pneumonia, sinusitis and bronchitis are the most frequent respiratory diseases which are caused by C. pneumonia, persistent respiratory infections such as these are accepted as good indicators for any possible Chlamydia infections.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgM class antibodies against Chlamydia pneumoniae using current human Chlamydia pneumoniae IgM ELISA kit was to a diagn. 83.3%. The dynamic range for this assay is to a specific cut-off point.
- The validity of the criteria for primary infection of Chlamydophila pneumoniae in children by measuring ELISA IgM antibodies. J Infect Chemother. (2012) 18 (3): 308-12. Kamata A., et al.
- Strong correlation in the serum levels of IgM rheumatoid factor and IgM anti-Chlamydia pneumoniae antibody. Lupus. (2009) 18 (12): 1124. Iwamoto M., et al.
- Detection of IgM antibodies to Chlamydia trachomatis, Chlamydia pneumoniae, and Chlamydiapsittaci from Japanese infants and children with pneumonia. In Vivo. (1992) 6 (6): 601-4. Numazaki K., et al.
- High seroprevalence of Mycoplasma pneumoniae IgM in acute Q fever by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). PLoS One. (2013) 8 (10): e77640. Lai CH, et al.
- Assay of Chlamydia pneumoniae-specific IgM antibodies by ELISA method–reduction of non-specific reaction and resetting of serological criteria by measuring IgM antibodies–. Jpn J Infect Dis. (2009) 62 (4): 260-4. Kishimoto T., et al.
- Full Name: Chlamydia Pneumoniae IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: diagn. 83.3%