- Created on the 12 July, 2017.
Human Chlamydia pneumoniae IgG ELISA kit is a procedure intended for in-vitro quantitative detection of human IgG class antibodies to Chlamydia pneumoniae in serum or plasma samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit to a diagn. 90.2%.
Chlamydia pneumoniae is a type of gram negative bacterium which can infect the lungs, the infection is characterised by a gradual onset of the symptoms that is followed by a long incubation period (3-4 weeks). C. pneumoniae can also infect many other human cells such as lymphocytes, macrophages, monocytes, smooth muscle, epithelial and endothelial cells. Also, pneumonia which has been caused by C. pneumoniae is usually regarded as atypical, since antibiotics which are used to treat pneumonia that has been caused by other types of bacteria do not work against Chlamydia pneumoniae infections. It has also be called an energy parasite because it requires a host cell for obtaining ATP and other high-energy intermediates.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG class antibodies to Chlamydia pneumoniae using current human Chlamydia pneumoniae IgG ELISA kit was to a diagn. 90.2%. The dynamic range for this assay is to a specific cut-off point.
- The proatherogenic properties of lipoprotein(a) may be enhanced through the formation of circulating immune complexes containing Chlamydia pneumoniae-specific IgG antibodies. Eur Heart J. (2000) 21 (8): 639-46. Glader C.A., et al.
- The species specificity of the microimmunofluorescence antibody test and comparisons with a time resolved fluoroscopic immunoassay for measuring IgG antibodies against Chlamydia pneumoniae. J Clin Pathol. (1999) 52 (2): 99-102. Wong Y.K., et al.
- Chlamydia pneumoniae IgG seropositivity in deep-vein thrombosis. Lancet. (2000) 356 (9241): 1606-7. Maraha B., et al.
- Role of IgG-seropositivity to Chlamydia pneumoniae in early thrombotic events after coronary stent placement. Atherosclerosis. (2003) 166 (1): 171-6. da Costa C.P., et al.
- Detection of serum antibodies against Chlamydia pneumoniae by ELISA. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. (1996) 14 (2-3): 179-83. Numazaki K., et al.
- Full Name: Chlamydia Pneumoniae IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: diagn. 90.2%