- Created on the 1 November, 2017.
Feline chlamydia ELISA kit is a method for analysing antibodies against chlamydia (psittaci/trachomatis)(cats) using serum or plasma samples. This assay has a quantitative and qualitative standard range.
Chlamydia can be caused by a bacterium called chlamydia trachomatis, this is most often a sexually transmitted infection. In cats it is known to lead to venereal infections, pneumonia, bronchitis and blindness. In majority of cases, chlamydia infections in feline can often result in either mouth or eye infections. Chlamydiae are known to be able to form a long-term associations with the host cells. Therefore, when an infected host cell is starved for various nutrients (such as iron, vitamins and amino acids), this ultimately has a negative effect on chlamydiae due to the fact that this infection is dependent on the host cell for its nutrients. Vaccinated or chlamydia antigen infected cats have the ability to generate antibodies that are directed against these Chlamydia antigens.
The standard range of antibodies against chlamydia (psittaci/trachomatis) using this feline chlamydia ELISA kit is qualitative and quantitative. Please contact us for the protocol insert for more details.
- Evaluation of a monoclonal antibody based ELISA for detection of feline Chlamydia psittaci. Vet Rec. (1986) 119 (17): 418-20. Wills J.M., et al.
- Purification and partial characterization of the major outer membrane protein of Chlamydia trachomatis. Infect Immun. (1981) 31 (3): 1161-76. Caldwell H.D., et al.
- Monoclonal antibody to a major outer membrane protein of feline Chlamydia psittaci: antibody specificity and anti-idiotype antibody production. Vet Microbiol. (1994) 42 (1): 1-13. Ts’ao Y.C. and Magee W.E.
- Plasmid diversity within the genus Chlamydia. J Gen Microbiol. (1989) 135 (5): 1145-51. Lusher M., et al.
- Antigenic diversity of Chlamydia psittaci of mammalian origin determined by microimmunofluorescence. Infect Immun. (1985) 50 (3): 905-10. Perez-Martinez J.A. and Storz J.
- Full Name: Chlamydia (Psittaci/Trachomatis) Ab ELISA Kit (Feline)
- Reactivity: Feline
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: Qualitative, Quantitative