- Created on the 1 November, 2017.
Canine distemper virus IgM ELISA kit is designed for measuring IgM antibodies to canine distemper virus (CDV)(dog) using plasma or serum. This assay has a quantitative and qualitative standard range.
Canine distemper virus (CDV), can also be sometimes called hardpad disease. It is caused by single stranded DNA virus, a member of the Paramyxoviridae family and related to the viruses that can lead to measles or rinderpest. This viral disease can affect a large array of animal families which can include: dogs, foxes, wolves, ferrets, coyotes, skunks and raccoons. Especially in canines, distemper virus can impact a number of different body systems such as the brain, spinal cord, gastrointestinal tracts and respiratory tracts. Vaccination is important in order to prevent this disease, puppies need to be vaccinated initially between 6-8 weeks, followed by a booster shot every 2-4 weeks until age of 16 weeks. The following protocol is based on a monoclonal mediated system that can determine IgM antibodies against canine distemper virus (CDV) using samples of plasma and serum.
The standard range of IgM antibodies to CDV using current canine distemper virus IgM ELISA kit is qualitative and quantitative. Please contact us for the protocol insert for more details.
- Evaluation of a dot ELISA kit for measuring immunoglobulin M antibodies to canine parvovirus and distemper virus. Vet Rec. (2003) 152 (19): 588-91. Waner T., et al.
- Detection of IgM antibodies against canine distemper virus in dog and mink sera employing enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). J Vet Diagn Invest. (1991) 3 (1): 3-9. Blixenkrone-Møller M., et al.
- Immunohistochemical analysis of the lymphoid organs of dogs naturally infected with canine distemper virus. J Comp Pathol. (1995) 113 (2): 185-90. Iwatsuki K., et al.
- Detection of canine distemper virus antigen in canine serum and its application to diagnosis. Vet Rec. (2003) 153 (16): 499-501. Soma T., et al.
- The use of monoclonal antibodies specific for seal immunoglobulins in an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to detect canine distemper virus-specific immunoglobulin in seal plasma samples. J Immunol Methods. (1993) 160 (2): 163-71. King D.P., et al.
- Full Name: CDV (Canine Distemper Virus) IgM ELISA Kit (Dog)
- Reactivity: Dog
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: Qualitative, Quantitative