- Created on the 6 February, 2017.
Human CD105 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring endoglin (CD105) in human serum, cell culture supernatant, plasma, body fluids and tissue lysates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of < 5.0 pg/ml.
CD105 which is commonly known as endoglin is a homo-dimeric glycoprotein that is 180kDA, it is associated primarily with human vascular endothelium. It contains disulfide links at cysteines 350 and 582 in order to form the homodimers, it also has a large 561 amino acids extracellular domain, a short 45 amino acids cytoplasmic tail domain and a hydrophobic transmembrane domain. The human endoglin (CD105) gene can be found located on human chromosome 9 with location of the cytogenic band at 9q34.1, the coding region of the gene is made up of 14 exons.
CD105 has important roles in angiogenesis, it is a vital protein for tumor growth, survival and metastasis of many different cancer cells to other locations within the body. Endoglin has been implicated in roles relating to the development of the cardiovascular system and in vascular remodelling, its expression is regulated during heart development. It has been further postulated that endoglin could be is involved in the cytoskeletal organisation which is affecting cell migration and morphology.
Endoglin is predominately found in auxiliary receptor for the TGF-beta receptor complex and can function in modulating a response following the binding of activin-A, TGF-beta1, TGF-beta3, BMP-2 and BMP-7. In humans endoglin has been found to be linked to autosomal dominant disorders that are also known as hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT) type. Also the expression of endoglin and TGF-beta secretion are attenuated in bone marrow stromal cells when they are co-cultured alongside prostate cancer cells. The standard used in the following CD105 ELISA kit is an extracellular part of recombinant human CD105, from E26 to G586 and as a result of glycosylation, the total molecular mass is 75-85KDa.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of endoglin using current CD105 ELISA kit was approximately < 5.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 156.0 – 10,000.0 pg/ml.
- Endoglin (CD105) expression and angiogenesis status in small cell lung cancer. Pathol Res Pract. (2010) 206 (11): 725-30. Takase Y., et al.
- CD105 is a marker of tumour vasculature and a potential target for the treatment of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. J Oral Pathol Med. (2010) 39 (5): 361-7. Review. Marioni G., et al.
- Assessment of angiogenesis by CD105 and nestin expression in peritumor tissue of glioblastoma. Int J Oncol. (2011) 38 (1): 41-9. Sica G., et al.
- Full Name: CD105 (Endoglin) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Tissue Lysate, Body Fluids, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: < 5.0 pg/ml