- Created on the 31 October, 2017.
Canine coronavirus IgG ELISA kit is designed to determine IgG antibodies against canine coronavirus (CCV)(dog) in samples of serum and plasma. This assay has a quantitative and qualitative standard range.
Canine Coronavirus (CCV) belongs to the coronaviridae family and is responsible for causing an intestinal disease in both wild and domestic dogs. However, the majority of infected dogs usually completely recover and also develop immunity against CCV. The dogs which are unable to recover and not build immunity to CCV, results in the disease progressing into a fatal form. This fatal form is a chronic and progressive disease which can lead to weakness, loss of appetite, diarrhea and many intestinal diseases. The virus is able to invade and replicate in the small intestine (specifically in the villi), this can result in the cells becoming more susceptible to parvovirus infection. It is important during the diagnosis of CCV to look at clinical history, clinical sign and carry out antigen detection procedures. The majority of antibody positive dogs tend to be virus carriers and therefore will most likely shed CCV.
The standard range of IgG antibodies to CCV using current canine coronavirus IgG ELISA kit is qualitative and quantitative. Please contact us for the protocol insert for more details.
- Effect of recombinant lactobacillus expressing canine GM-CSF on immune function in dogs. J Microbiol Biotechnol. (2009) 19 (11): 1401-7. Chung J.Y., et al.
- Canine coronavirus infection in the dog following oronasal inoculation. Res Vet Sci. (1991) 51 (1): 11-8. Tennant B.J., et al.
- Prolonged depletion of circulating CD4+ T lymphocytes and acute monocytosis after pantropic canine coronavirus infection in dogs. Virus Res. (2010) 152 (1-2): 73-8. Marinaro M., et al.
- Development and evaluation of an ELISA to measure antibody responses to both the nucleocapsid and spike proteins of canine coronavirus. J Immunoassay. (1998) 19 (1): 1-22. Palmer-Densmore M.L., et al.
- Full Name: CCV (Canine Coronavirus) IgG ELISA Kit (Dog)
- Reactivity: Dog
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: Qualitative, Quantitative