- Created on the 31 May, 2017.
Cathepsin G (CTSG) is a member of the cathepsins family of intracellular proteases which are mainly located in the liver, kidney and the spleen. It plays major roles in the elimination of intracellular pathogens, breakdown of tissues at inflammatory sites and triggering anti-inflammatory responses. Cathepsin G is a 255 amino acids protein which consists of a two residue N-terminal activation peptides, an 18-residue signal peptide and a carboxy terminal extension. The activity of the protein is dependent on the catalytic triad that is made up of aspartate, histidine and serine residues. These generally tend to close together near the active site of the enzyme when in the tertiary structure. Other functions of cathepsin G include platelet activation, induction of airway submucosal gland secretion, cleavage of receptors, conversion of angiotensin to angiotensin II and blood-brain barrier breakdown. It has been reported to play vital roles in a number of different diseases such as coronary artery disease, ischemic reperfusion injury, rheumatoid arthritis, bone metastasis and periodontitis.
Human cathepsin G ELISA kit can be used for detecting in vitro quantitative amounts of IgG autoantibodies to cathepsin G (CTSG) in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.5 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human cathepsin G (CTSG) using this human cathepsin G ELISA kit was 0.5 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 6.3 – 100.0 U/ml.
- Neutrophil elastase, proteinase 3, and cathepsin G as therapeutic targets in human diseases. Pharmacol Rev. (2010) 62 (4): 726-59. Review. Korkmaz B., et al.
- Cathepsin G: roles in antigen presentation and beyond. Mol Immunol. (2010) 47 (4): 658-65. Review. Burster T., et al.
- Protease activated receptors in cardiovascular function and disease. Mol Cell Biochem. (2004) 263 (1-2): 227-39. Review. Barnes J.A., et al.
- Neutrophil extracellular traps in cancer progression. Cell Mol Life Sci. (2014) 71 (21): 4179-94. Review. Cools-Lartigue J., et al.
- Full Name: Cathepsin G Antibody ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.5 U/ml