Human cathepsin G ELISA kit can be used for detecting in vitro quantitative amounts of IgG auto-antibodies to cathepsin G (cathepsin G antibody, CTSG IgG) in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of < 0.055 ng/ml.
Cathepsin G (CTSG) is a member of the cathepsins family of intracellular proteases which are mainly located in the liver, kidney and the spleen. It plays major roles in the elimination of intracellular pathogens, breakdown of tissues at inflammatory sites and triggering anti-inflammatory responses. Cathepsin G is a 255 amino acids protein which consists of a two residue N-terminal activation peptides, an 18-residue signal peptide and a carboxy terminal extension.
The activity of the protein is dependent on the catalytic triad that is made up of aspartate, histidine and serine residues. These generally tend to close together near the active site of the enzyme when in the tertiary structure. Other functions of cathepsin G antibody include platelet activation, induction of airway submucosal gland secretion, cleavage of receptors, conversion of angiotensin to angiotensin II and blood-brain barrier breakdown. It has been reported to play vital roles in a number of different diseases such as coronary artery disease, ischemic reperfusion injury, rheumatoid arthritis, bone metastasis and periodontitis.
CATHEPSIN G ANTIBODY ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate (96 Wells): Pre-coated with antibody specific for CTSG.
- Standard: Concentrations 0.16, 0.31, 0.63, 1.25, 2.5, 5, 10 ng/ml.
- Sample Diluent.
- Detection Reagent A (100x).
- Detection Reagent B (100x).
- Diluent Buffer A.
- Diluent Buffer B.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Plate Sealer,
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies to human cathepsin G (CTSG IgG, cathepsin G antibody) using this cathepsin G ELISA kit was 0.055 ng/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 0.156 – 10.0 ng/ml.
– Cathepsin G Antibody (CTSG IgG): ELISA
– Measuring Range: 0.16 – 10 ng/ml
– Sensitivity: <0.055 ng/ml
– Intra Assay Precision: CV ≤ 4.9%
– Inter Assay Precision: CV ≤ 8.6%
- Neutrophil elastase, proteinase 3, and cathepsin G as therapeutic targets in human diseases. Pharmacol Rev. (2010) 62 (4): 726-59. Review. Korkmaz B., et al.
- Cathepsin G: roles in antigen presentation and beyond. Mol Immunol. (2010) 47 (4): 658-65. Review. Burster T., et al.
- Protease activated receptors in cardiovascular function and disease. Mol Cell Biochem. (2004) 263 (1-2): 227-39. Review. Barnes J.A., et al.
- Neutrophil extracellular traps in cancer progression. Cell Mol Life Sci. (2014) 71 (21): 4179-94. Review. Cools-Lartigue J., et al.
- Full Name: Cathepsin G Antibody ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.055 ng/ml