Human caspase 8 ELISA kit is intended for determining in vitro quantitative amounts of caspase-8 (CASP8, CASP-8) in human tissue homogenates, cell culture supernatant, plasma, cell lysates, serum and many biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of < 0.052 ng/ml.
Caspase 8 (CASP-8, CASP8) is a member of family of conserved cysteine-aspartic acid proteinases which have an important role in the regulation of apoptosis and cell death. This protein is able to induce Fas and a number of other apoptotic stimuli in order to carry out programmed cell death. The process of apoptosis is essentially induced via the tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 (TNFR1) and Fas/APO1 (CD95) receptor, this leads to the activation of caspase 8 which causes the release of the active fragments p10 and p18. The results in the activation of other downstream effector caspases (notably 1, 3, 6 and 7), it is caspase 3 which is responsible for eliciting the common morphological hallmarks of apoptosis such as cell shrinkage and DNA fragmentation.
The following caspase 8 ELISA kit can be useful for many different diagnostic applications. There are evidence for many cancer therapies which are in development that involve using molecules that trigger the activation of Caspase-8 mediated apoptosis, especially in cancer cells. There are other therapies that use compounds which are able to disrupt cancer-specific mechanisms in order to inhibit caspase-8 mediated apoptosis. Due to the fact that the activation of caspase-8 occurring at a such early stage of the apoptosis pathway, the detection of caspase-8 provides a useful alternative to measurement of apoptosis using Annexin V-FITC / PI, that measure phosphatidylserine (PS) present on the surface of apoptotic cells. This caspase 8 ELISA kit has a detection limit of 0.052 ng/ml and can be used for measuring many human samples for example: cell culture supernatant, serum, tissue homogenates, cell lysates, biological fluids and plasma,
Minimum detection limits of a caspase-8 (CASP-8, CASP8) using current human caspase 8 ELISA kit was 0.052 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.1 – 30.0 ng/ml.
- Evolutionary analyses of caspase-8 and its paralogs: Deep origins of the apoptotic signaling pathways. Bioessays. (2015) 37 (7): 767-76. Review. Sakamaki K., et al.
- Old, new and emerging functions of caspases. Cell Death Differ. (2015) 22 (4): 526-39. Review. Shalini S., et al.
- Caspase-8 in apoptosis: the beginning of “the end”? IUBMB Life. (2000) 50 (2): 85-90. Review. Kruidering M. and Evan G.I.
- Caspases Connect Cell-Death Signaling to Organismal Homeostasis. Immunity. (2016) 44 (2): 221-31. Review. Galluzzi L., et al.
- Caspase-8 as a therapeutic target in cancer. Cancer Lett. (2013) 332 (2): 133-40. Review. Stupack D.G.
- Full Name: Caspase 8 (CASP8) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Cell Culture Supernatant, Cell Lysates, Serum, Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Other Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: < 0.052 ng/ml