Human caspase 6 ELISA kit is designed for detecting in vitro quantitative concentrations of caspase-6 (CASP-6, CASP6) in human tissue homogenates, serum, cell lysates, other biological fluids, cell culture supernatant and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of < 0.069 ng/ml.
Caspase 6 (CASP6 or Mch2) is one of the main executioner caspases that is important for the cellular apoptotic process. This protein is found to be processed by caspases-7, -8 and -10, where it is thought to function predominately as a downstream enzyme of the caspase cascade. The following caspase 6 ELISA kit is ideal for measuring various diagnostic applications. There is evidence that caspase 6 is able to undergo self-processing without the requirement of other caspase family member. Caspase 3 and 6 are the main active caspases found in apoptotic cells and both of these are activated as a result of different apoptosis inducing stimuli. Also, caspase 6 has the ability to cleave nuclear mitotic apparatus protein and mediate the fragmentation or shrinkage of the nuclei. Essentially caspase 6 can interact with caspase 8, one of its main target includes the membrane associated protein lamin A and also the cleavage of this protein is found to result in cell membrane bleebing, malfunction and leading to eventual cell death. This caspase 6 ELISA kit offers a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.069 ng/ml and can be used to measure many different types of samples such as: cell lysates, cell culture supernatant, serum, cell culture supernatant, plasma and many biological fluids.
Minimum detection limits of a caspase-6 (CASP6, CASP-6) using current human caspase 6 ELISA kit was 0.069 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.156 – 10.0 ng/ml.
- Activation and regulation of caspase-6 and its role in neurodegenerative diseases. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. (2015) 55: 553-72. Wang X.J., et al.
- Modulating caspase activity: beyond the active site. Curr Opin Struct Biol. (2013) 23 (6): 812-9. Review. Murray J. and Renslo A.R.
- Caspase-6 as a novel early target in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Eur J Neurosci. (2013) 37 (12): 2005-18. Review. LeBlanc A.C.
- Vasculogenic mimicry: Possible role of effector caspase-3, caspase-6 and caspase-7. Ann Anat. (2016) 204: 114-7. Review. Linder M. and Tschernig T.
- The role of apoptotic pathways in Alzheimer’s disease neurodegeneration and cell death. Curr Alzheimer Res. (2005) 2 (4): 389-402. Review. LeBlanc A.C.
- Full Name: Caspase 6 (CASP6) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant, Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Other Biological Fluids, Cell Lysates
- Sensitivity: < 0.069 ng/ml