- Created on the 5 April, 2017.
Human caspase 10 ELISA kit can be used for analysing in vitro quantitative levels of caspase-10 (CASP10) in human cell lysates, plasma, serum, biological fluids, cell culture supernatant and tissue homogenates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of < 0.02 ng/ml.
Caspase 10 (CASP10) is part of the cysteine-aspartic acid protease family, a death effector domain (DED) containing caspase that has vital roles as an initiator in TNF/Fas induced apoptosis. Presently, there have be four isoforms which have been discovered to date caspase-10a (Mch4), caspase-10b (FLICE2), caspase-10c and caspase-10d. All of these are found to contain the same pro-domain but differ in the mature large and small subdomains.
The sequential activation of caspases is an important part in the execution-phase of cell apoptosis. This protein has the ability to activate and cleave caspases 3 and 7, and the protein itself can be processes by caspase 8 in order to initiate a caspase cascade which ultimately leads to apoptosis. There are many publications indicating that caspase 10 has the ability to interact with caspase 8, Fas receptor, CFLAR, FADD, TNFRSF10B and TNFRSF1A. Apoptosis defects have be associated with mutations in this gene for example in type II autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome. The following caspase 10 ELISA kit is ideal for analysing various diagnostic applications.
Minimum detection limits of a caspase-10 (CASP10) using current human caspase 10 ELISA kit was 0.02 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.05 – 30.0 ng/ml.
- Caspases: the executioners of apoptosis. Biochem J. (1997) 326 (Pt 1): 1-16. Review. Cohen G.M.
- Role of CASP-10 gene polymorphisms in cancer susceptibility: a HuGE review and meta-analysis. Genet Mol Res. (2012) 11 (4): 3998-4007. Review. Yan S., et al.
- Autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. (2004) 4 (6): 497-503. Review. Oliveira J.B. and Fleisher T.
- Initiator caspases in apoptosis signaling pathways. Apoptosis. (2002) 7 (4): 313-9. Review. Chen M. and Wang J.
- Genetic disorders of programmed cell death in the immune system. Annu Rev Immunol. (2006) 24: 321-52. Review. Bidère N., et al.
- Full Name: Caspase 10 (CASP10) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant, Biological Fluids, Cell Lysates, Serum, Tissue Homogenates
- Sensitivity: < 0.02 ng/ml