Human cardiotrophin-1 ELISA kit is intended for determining in vitro quantitative amounts of human CT-1 (cardiotrophin-1) in plasma, cell lysates, serum, other biological fluids and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 9.38 pg/ml.
Cardiotrophin-1 (CT-1) was initially discovered as a factor which was able to induce cardiac myocyte hypertrophy. It is a 21.5 kDa cardiac hypertrophic factor and a member of the interleukin-6 superfamily (also includes IL-11, LIF, CNTF and oncostatin M). CT-1 has been linked with the pathophysiology of heart diseases such as valvular heart disease, congestive heart failure, myocardial infarction and hypertension. Cardiotrophin-1 has been detected in abundance in adult human lung cells and expressed in both adult and fetal smooth airway muscle cells. CT-1 can cause increased levels of ventricular expression of ANP, BNP and angiotensinogen mRNA, this was significantly evident in patients with dilatative cardiomyopathy, heart failure, angina and mitral regurgitation.
This protein can exert its cellular effects by interacting with the gp130/LIF receptor beta (LIFR) heterodimer. It can activate PI-3 kinase in PI-3 kinase, whilst it also has the ability to enhance DNA-binding activities of the transcription factor NF-κB. CT-1 is predominately expressed in skeletal muscle, heart, ovary and prostate and to a lesser extent in kidney, lung, thymus, pancreas, small intestine and testis. As well as its normal expression in the heart, cardiotrophin-1 has been found to be upregulated in a variety of pathological states and this could contribute to the ongoing disease process.
CARDIOTROPHIN-I ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microwell Plate: Cardiotrophin-1 (CT-1) specific antibody pre-coated wells.
- Standards: Concentration ranging between 15.6 to 1,000 pg/ml.
- Sample/Standard Diluent Buffer.
- Wash Buffer.
- Detection Reagent A.
- Detection Reagent B.
- Diluent A.
- Diluent B.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Plate Sealer.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human CT-1 using this cardiotrophin-1 ELISA kit was 9.38 pg/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 15.6 – 1,000.0 pg/ml.
– Cardiotrophin-1 (CT-I): ELISA
– Intra Assay Precision: < 10%
– Inter Assay Precision: < 10%
- Cardiotrophin-1: A multifaceted cytokine. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. (2015) 26 (5): 523-32. Review. López-Yoldi M., et al.
- Vascular effects of glycoprotein130 ligands–part II: biomarkers and therapeutic targets. Vascul Pharmacol. (2012) 57 (1): 29-40. Review. Demyanets S., et al.
- Cardiotrophin-1: a multifunctional cytokine that signals via LIF receptor-gp 130 dependent pathways. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. (1996) 7 (1): 81-91. Review. Pennica D., et al.
- The Role of Leukemia Inhibitory Factor Receptor Signaling in Skeletal Muscle Growth, Injury and Disease. Adv Exp Med Biol. (2016) 900: 45-59. Review. Hunt L.C. and White J.
- Cardiotrophin-1: a novel cytokine and its effects in the heart and other tissues. Pharmacol Ther. (2000) 85 (1): 29-37. Review. Latchman D.S.
- Cardiotrophin-1 (CT-1): a novel hypertrophic and cardioprotective agent. Int J Exp Pathol. (1999) 80 (4): 189-96. Review. Latchman D.S.
- Full Name: Cardiotrophin-1 (CT-1) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Cell Lysates, Other Biological Fluids, Cell Culture Supernatant, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 9.38 pg/ml