Human cardiolipin screen ELISA kit is a procedure for screening in vitro quantitative concentrations of IgG, IgM and IgA auto-antibodies to cardiolipin in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
A highly purified cardiolipin is coated on micro-wells saturated with beta-2-glycoprotein I.
Cardiolipin forms a vital component of the inner mitochondrial membrane, representing around 20% of the overall total lipid composition. It is a diphosphatidylglycerol lipid which consists of two phosphatidic acid moieties which are connected with a glycerol backbone in the centre. Cardiolipin is essential in order to provide the optimal function of a large number of enzymes which are associated with mitochondrial energy metabolism. The following cardiolipin screen ELISA kit usually investigates certain antibodies in your blood (such as IgG, IgA and IgM). These antibodies tend to be produced in response to cardiolipins and the levels are found to be elevated in people that have autoimmune diseases, repeated miscarriages, abnormal blood clotting, unexplained thrombotic episode and thrombocytopenia.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG, IgA or IgM antibodies to screen human cardiolipin using current human cardiolipin screen ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 3.3 – 90.0 U/ml.
- Metabolism and function of mitochondrial cardiolipin. Prog Lipid Res. (2014) 55: 1-16. Review. Ren M., et al.
- First-in-class cardiolipin-protective compound as a therapeutic agent to restore mitochondrial bioenergetics. Br J Pharmacol. (2014) 171 (8): 2029-50. Review. Szeto H.H.
- Cardiolipin-dependent formation of mitochondrial respiratory supercomplexes. Chem Phys Lipids. (2014) 179: 42-8. Review. Mileykovskaya E. and Dowhan W.
- The complexity of cardiolipin in health and disease. Trends Biochem Sci. (2012) 37 (1): 32-41. Review. Claypool S.M. and Koehler C.M.
- Assays of cardiolipin levels. Methods Cell Biol. (2007) 80: 223-40. Review. Schlame M.
- Full Name: Cardiolipin Screen ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml