- Created on the 26 May, 2017.
Cardiolipin forms a vital component of the inner mitochondrial membrane, representing around 20% of the overall total lipid composition. It is a diphosphatidylglycerol lipid which consists of two phosphatidic acid moieties which are connected with a glycerol backbone in the centre. Cardiolipin is essential in order to provide the optimal function of a large number of enzymes which are associated with mitochondrial energy metabolism. A cardiolipin antibodies test usually investigates certain antibodies in your blood (such as IgG, IgA and IgM). These antibodies tend to be produced in response to cardiolipins and the levels are found to be elevated in people that have autoimmune diseases, repeated miscarriages, abnormal blood clotting, unexplained thrombotic episode and thrombocytopenia.
Human cardiolipin ELISA kit is a procedure for screening in vitro quantitative concentrations of IgG, IgM and IgA autoantibodies to cardiolipin in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
A highly purified cardiolipin is coated on micro-wells saturated with beta-2-glycoprotein I.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human cardiolipin screen (IgG, IgA or IgM) using this human cardiolipin ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 3.3 – 90.0 U/ml.
- Metabolism and function of mitochondrial cardiolipin. Prog Lipid Res. (2014) 55: 1-16. Review. Ren M., et al.
- First-in-class cardiolipin-protective compound as a therapeutic agent to restore mitochondrial bioenergetics. Br J Pharmacol. (2014) 171 (8): 2029-50. Review. Szeto H.H.
- Cardiolipin-dependent formation of mitochondrial respiratory supercomplexes. Chem Phys Lipids. (2014) 179: 42-8. Review. Mileykovskaya E. and Dowhan W.
- The complexity of cardiolipin in health and disease. Trends Biochem Sci. (2012) 37 (1): 32-41. Review. Claypool S.M. and Koehler C.M.
- Assays of cardiolipin levels. Methods Cell Biol. (2007) 80: 223-40. Review. Schlame M.
- Full Name: Cardiolipin Screen ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml