- Created on the 13 July, 2017.
Candida albicans belong to the yeast species and are a single celled fungus that predominately live in the gastrointestinal tract. There are also small amounts of this yeast which can be found in many other moist and warm conditions within the body such as the mouth, vagina, rectum and many parts of the skin. There can be many different factors which are responsible for keeping check the balance of C. albicans microbes present within the body, however, if these become affected then this could result in the fungus growing out of control and resulting in yeast infections (known as candidiasis).
Human Candida albicans-IgM ELISA kit is designed for measuring in-vitro quantitative amounts of human IgM antibodies against Candida albicans in samples of plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.11 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human Candida albicans IgM using this human Candida albicans-IgM ELISA kit was 1.11 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
- Dendritic cells from X-linked hyper-IgMpatients present impaired responses to Candida albicansand Paracoccidioides brasiliensis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. (2012) 129 (3): 778-86. Cabral-Marques O., et al.
- In situ IgMproduction and clonal expansion of B-1 cells in peritoneal cavity promote elimination of C. albicansinfection in IgH transgenic mice with VH derived from a natural antibody. PLoS One. (2013) 8 (4): e60779. Fu M., et al.
- [Anti-Candida albicansIgMantibody: correlation between immunofluorescence and ultracentrifugation (author’s transl)]. Ann Biol Clin (Paris). (1978) 36 (6): 519-21. French. Guinet R. and Absi N.
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for IgM, IgG and IgA class antibodies against Candida albicansantigens: development and comparison with other methods. Sabouraudia. (1981) 19 (2): 123-34. Kostiala A.A. and Kostiala I.
- Full Name: Candida Albicans IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.11 U/ml