- Created on the 13 July, 2017.
Candida albicans is a particular yeast known as dimorphic fungus and this is due to ability to grow both as yeast and filamentous cells. C. albicans along with C. tropicalis, C. glabrata and C. parapsilosis account for 60-90% of all cases of candidiasis that are found in humans. It is unable to proliferate outside mammalian hosts and it is a common human gut flora member. Furthermore, a mortality rate of around 40% has been discovered in patients having systemic candidiasis as a result of C. albicans. It can be found worldwide but is most common in immunocompromised patients that have been diagnosed with serious diseases for example cancer and AIDS.
Human Candida albicans-IgG ELISA kit is a method for measuring in-vitro quantitative amounts of human IgG antibodies to Candida albicans using serum and plasma samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.11 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human Candida albicans IgG using this human Candida albicans-IgG ELISA kit was 1.11 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
- Detection of antibodies to Candida albicans germ tube in the diagnosis of systemic candidiasis. Eur J Clin Microbiol. (1987) 6 (2): 142-6. Quindós G., et al.
- IgA and IgG serum antibodies to Candida albicans in women of child-bearing age. Sabouraudia. (1983) 21 (3): 223-31. Schønheyder H., et al.
- Salivary IgA and serum IgA and IgG antibodies to Candida albicans in HIV-infected subjects. Int J STD AIDS. (2002) 13 (6): 373-7. Belazi M., et al.
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for IgM, IgG and IgA class antibodies against Candida albicans antigens: development and comparison with other methods. Sabouraudia. (1981) 19 (2): 123-34. Kostiala A.A. and Kostiala I.
- Full Name: Candida Albicans IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.11 U/ml