Human CA 72-4 ELISA kit is intended for measuring in vitro quantitative concentrations of cancer antigen 72-4 (CA 72-4, tumor associated antigen 72, CA72-4, TAG-72) in human serum or plasma samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.79 U/ml.
Cancer antigen 72-4 (CA72-4) was originally discovered as an antigenic determinant that is recognised by B 72.3 and it was named as TAG-72 (tumor associated antigen 72). TAG-72 protein has a molecular weight of 48 kDa. Elevated concentrations of CA 72-4 using either plasma or serum have been identified in a large number of malignant diseases such as carcinomas of stomach, pancreas, ovaries, cervix, colon and endometrium.
There have also been several studies which have focused on the potential clinical usefulness of CA 72-4 in gynecological and gastrointestinal (GI) cancer, these have shown a sensitivity of approx. 50% in ovarian cancer and 40% in gastric and colorectal cancer, however, the overall specificity was greater than 95%. There is also a good correlation between the levels of CA 72-4 and tumor size and stage. CA 72-4 is now regarded as the primary marker of choice for therapeutic monitoring and the subsequent follow-up care of gastrointestinal cancer patients.
CA 72-4 ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterwells: Coated with anti-CA 72-4 antibody (monoclonal).
- Standard (0-4): Concentrations 0, 3, 20, 50, 100 U/mL.
- Control Low & High (Lyophilized).
- Sample Diluent.
- Enzyme Conjugate (10x Conc.): Anti-CA 72-4 antibody conjugated to horseradish peroxidase.
- Conjugate Diluent.
- Substrate Solution: Tetramethylbenzidine (TMB).
- Stop Solution: Contains 1 N acidic solution.
- Wash Solution (40x Concentrated).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human cancer antigen 72-4 (CA 72-4, TAG-72, tumor associated antigen 72, CA72-4) using current human CA 72-4 ELISA kit was 0.79 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 3.0 – 100.0 U/ml.
– Cancer Antigen 72-4 (CA 72-4): ELISA
– Assay Dynamic Range: 0.78 – 100 U/mL
– Specificity of Antibodies (Cross Reactivity): None
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.79 U/mL
– Intra Assay: 1.6 – 2.4%
– Inter Assay: 4.2 – 4.8%
– Recovery: 88.2 – 106.8%
– Linearity: 86.3 – 112.3%
– Interfering Substances: Haemoglobin (up to 4 mg/mL), Bilirubin (up to 0.5 mg/mL) and Triglyceride (up to 7.5 mg/mL) have no influence on the assay results. Triglycerides > 7.5 mg/mL will -result in decreased values.
– Drug Interference: None
– High-Dose-Hook Effect: No hook effect was observed up to 6,400 U/mL of CA 72-4.
- CA 72-4 serum marker–a new tool in the management of carcinoma patients. Cancer Invest. (1995) 13 (2): 227-38. Review. Guadagni F., et al.
- Serum tumor markers in the management of ovarian, endometrial and cervical cancer. Biomed Pharmacother. (2004) 58 (1): 24-38. Review. Gadducci A., et al.
- The use of monoclonal antibody B72.3 in the management of gynecologic malignancies. Yale J Biol Med. (1988) 61 (4): 351-66. Review. Simpson J. and Schlom J.
- Full Name: Cancer Antigen 72-4 (CA 72-4) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.79 U/ml