- Created on the 26 April, 2017.
Human cadherin-16 ELISA kit is a protocol that is designed for measuring in vitro quantitative concentrations of cadherin-16 (KSP-cadherin, kidney-specific cadherin, CDH16) in human serum, cell lysates, cell culture supernatant, plasma and many other biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.038 ng/ml.
Cadherin-16 (CDH16, kidney-specific cadherin, KSP-cadherin) is a gene which localizes with the following cadherin family members CDH1, CDH3, CDH5, CDH8 and CDH11 on chromosome 16q22. It is a calcium-dependent, membrane-associated glycoprotein which is expressed in the kidney and as major role in mediating homotypic cellular recognition. The protein consists of a truncated cytoplasmic domain, a transmembrane region and 6 cadherin domains, however, it does lack the tripeptide HAV adhesion recognition sequence and the pro-sequence that is found in majority of cadherins. There have also been alternatively spliced transcript variants that encode distinct isoforms that have been identified. The following cadherin-16 ELISA kit is suitable for many diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of kidney-specific cadherin, CDH16, KSP-cadherin using current human cadherin-16 ELISA kit was 0.038 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.156 – 10 ng/ml.
- Following the expression of a kidney-specific gene from early development to adulthood. Nephron Exp Nephrol. (2003) 94 (1): e1-6. Review. Igarashi P.
- Cadherins in renal cell carcinoma. Anticancer Res. (1999) 19 (2C): 1501-4. Review. Heicappell R.
- Leukemia inhibitory factor induces multi-lineage differentiation of adult stem-like cells in kidney via kidney-specific cadherin 16. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. (2005) 328 (1): 288-91. Hishikawa K, et al.
- Expression of Ksp-cadherin during kidney development and in renal cell carcinoma. Br J Cancer. (2005) 92 (11): 2010-7. Thedieck C., et al.
- Full Name: Cadherin-16 (CDH16) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant, Other Biological Fluids, Cell Lysates
- Sensitivity: 0.038 ng/ml