- Created on the 31 October, 2017.
Brucella abortus is a gram negative zoonotic bacteria that is frequently discovered in cattle (especially bovine), despite many eradication programmes carried out in many countries throughout the world, this infection still remains an endemic in many cattle population. This has resulted in serological test for brucella infected cattle being routinely undertake through serum screening for antibodies directed against bacterial agglutinating antigens. Screens are often useful for the initial presumptive diagnosis of brucellosis or in many cases to even screen the complete herds. However, these test are time consuming, provide limited sensitivity and in most cases very difficult to read. This monoclonal antibody based ELISA assay is designed to provide highly sensitive and specific, as well as a rapid screen for analysing Brucella antibodies present in milk and serum samples of infected cattle.
Bovine brucella IgG ELISA kit is intended for measuring levels of IgG antibodies against polysaccharide epitopes of brucella abortus (bovine) in serum or milk samples. This assay has a quantitative and qualitative standard range.
The standard range of brucella abortus antibody using this bovine brucella IgG ELISA kit is qualitative and quantitative. Please contact us for the protocol insert for more details.
- Detection of brucella antibodies of different immunoglobulin classes in cow milk by enzyme linked immunosorbent assay. Am J Vet Res. (1983) 44 (2): 306-8. Thoen C.O., et al.
- Improved competitive enzyme immunoassay for the diagnosis of bovine brucellosis. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. (1995) 46 (3-4): 285-91. Nielsen K.H., et al
- [Serological diagnosis of brucellosis in cattle. A comparison between ELISA (IgG) and classical serological tests]. Dev Biol Stand. (1984) 56: 451-63. French. Trap D. and Gaumont R.
- A combined DNA vaccine provides protective immunity against Mycobacterium bovis and Brucella abortus in cattle. DNA Cell Biol. (2009) 28 (4): 191-9. Hu X.D., et al.
- Evaluation of the enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay in the detection of cattle infected with Brucella abortus. Vet Microbiol. (1984) 10 (1): 23-32. Sutherland S.S.
- Full Name: Bovine IgG Ab ELISA Kit (Bovine)
- Reactivity: Bovine
- Sample Type: Serum, Milk
- Sensitivity: Qualitative, Quantitative