Human Brucella abortus IgM ELISA kit is designed for analysing in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgM antibodies to Brucella abortus (Brucella IgM) in samples of serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.03 U/ml.
Brucella are non-motile, rod-shaped, gram-negative bacteria which can infect a number of different livestock such as cattle, elk and bison (B. abortus), dogs (B. canis), sheep and goats (B. melitensis) and pigs and caribou (B. suis). They can cause chronic disease which can in most cases persist for life, by functioning as facultative intracellular parasites. Brucellosis is the disease which is recognised in humans and animals and humans that is caused by this bacterium. B. abortus is the principal cause of brucellosis in cattle and the bacteria can be shed from infected animal during the time of calving or abortion. Some of the most common clinical signs of cattle being infected with B. abortus are retained placenta, high incidences of abortions and arthritic joints.
BRUCELLA IGM ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Brucella antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard).
- Calibrator A (Negative Control).
- Calibrator D (Positive Control).
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control).
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Sample Diluent.
- TMB Substrate.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgM antibodies to Brucella abortus (Brucella-IgM) using current human Brucella IgM ELISA kit was 1.03 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 200.0 U/ml.
– Brucella ELISA: IgM
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 9.2 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 5.0 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 1.2 – 7.1 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 1.03 U/mL
– Recovery: 85 – 110 %
– Linearity: 75 – 110 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Bordetella pertussis
– Interferences: No interferences to bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL, hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL and triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL
– Clinical Specificity: 100 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 100 %
- Further evidence that bovine IgM does not fix guinea pig complement. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. (1988) 19 (3-4): 197-204. Nielsen K. and Duncan J.R.
- Detection of IgM and IgG antibodies against Brucella by dot-ELISA in humans. J Commun Dis. (1994) 26 (1): 1-5. Barbuddhe S.B., et al.
- Radioimmunoassay of IgM, IgG, and IgA Brucella antibodies. Lancet. (1977) 1 (8021): 1075-8. Parratt D., et al.
- Evaluation of ELISA in the diagnosis of acute and chronic brucellosis in human beings. J Hyg (Lond). (1986) 97 (3): 457-69. Araj G.F., et al.
- Isolation and purification of bovine IgM by dissociating immunoglobulin-brucella complexes. J Immunol Methods. (1979) 31 (3-4): 379-87. Stone S.S., et al.
- Full Name: Brucella Abortus IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.03 U/ml