- Created on the 12 July, 2017.
Human Brucella abortus IgG ELISA kit is a procedure intended for detecting in-vitro quantitative concentrations of human IgG antibodies against Brucella abortus in plasma or serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.11 U/ml.
Brucella abortus is a bacterium which is found in cattle and it is gram-negative, a zoonotic bacteria which means that it can easily be transferred from an animal to human and still retain its pathogenic property. B. abortus causes a disease which is called brucellosis, this should always be considered in all abortions, in particular where there are multiple long term abortions in herds. Serology testing can be used for the initial presumptive diagnosis of brucellosis or even to screen herds. ELISA assay is most likely one of the most common serological methods and the sensitivity of an ELISA test is 100% when compared to blood culture. B. abortus can be eradicated from a herd by a combination of test and removal procedures or in some cases by depopulation.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies against Brucella abortus using current human Brucella abortus IgG ELISA kit was 1.11 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 150.0 U/ml.
- Immunoglobulin G binding activity of Brucella abortus. Mol Immunol. (1991) 28 (1-2): 35-9. Bricker B.J., et al.
- Evaluation of indirect enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays and IgG avidity assays using a protein A-peroxidase conjugate for serological distinction between Brucella abortus S19-vaccinated and -infected cows. Clin Vaccine Immunol. (2010) 17 (4): 588-95. Pajuaba A.C., et al.
- Evaluation of the enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay in the detection of cattle infected with Brucella abortus. Vet Microbiol. (1984) 10 (1): 23-32. Sutherland S.S.
- Serological follow-up of human brucellosis by measuring IgG antibodies to lipopolysaccharide and cytoplasmic proteins of Brucella species. Clin Infect Dis. (1996) 22 (3): 446-55. Baldi P.C., et al.
- [Serological diagnosis of brucellosis in cattle. A comparison between ELISA (IgG) and classical serological tests]. Dev Biol Stand. (1984) 56: 451-63. French. Trap D. and Gaumont R.
- Full Name: Brucella Abortus IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.11 U/ml