Human BNP ELISA kit is designed for analysing in vitro quantitative levels of brain natriuretic peptide (natriuretic peptide B, BNP, ventricular natriuretic peptide, B-type natriuretic peptide) in human serum, plasma, other biological fluids, cell culture supernatant and cell lysates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 9.38 pg/ml.
Brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) which can also be called B-type natriuretic peptide or natriuretic peptide B or ventricular natriuretic peptide, it is secreted in response to excessive stretching of the heart muscle cells by the ventricles. BNP is secreted attached to a prohormone (NT-proBNP), this is a 76 amino acid N-terminal fragment and it is biologically inactive.
Once it is released brain natriuretic peptide will bind and activate the atrial natriuretic factor receptors (NPRA) and the physiological actions include decreasing central venous pressure and systemic vascular resistance, in addition to an increase in natriuresis. The overall action of both BNP leads to a decrease in cardiac output, which ultimately results in a reduction in blood volume that follows diuresis and natriuresis. Both BNP and NT-proBNP have been useful in screening and prognosis of heart failure. The levels of both of these is typically elevated in patients having left ventricular dysfunction. Also, recombinant BNP and nesiritide have been vital in treating decompensate heart failure.
BNP ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microwell Plate: BNP antibody pre-coated wells.
- Standards: Concentrations 15.63, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1,000 pg/ml
- Sample/Standard Diluent Buffer.
- Biotin Conjugated Antibody (100x).
- Antibody Diluent Buffer.
- HRP-Conjugate Reagent (100x).
- HRP Diluent Buffer.
- TMB Substrate Reagent.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human BNP (B-type natriuretic peptide, brain natriuretic peptide) using this BNP ELISA kit was 9.38 pg/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 15.63 – 1,000.0 pg/ml.
– Brain Natriuretic Peptide (BNP): ELISA
– Intra Assay Precision: < 10%
– Inter Assay Precision: < 10%
- Brain-natriuretic peptide: Much more than a biomarker. Int J Cardiol. (2016) 221: 1031-8. Review. Calzetta L., et al.
- BNP and NT-proBNP elevation after running–a systematic review. Acta Cardiol. (2015) 70 (5): 501-9. Review. Vilela E.M., et al.
- B-type natriuretic peptide-guided therapy: a systematic review. Heart Fail Rev. (2014) 19 (4): 553-64. Review. Balion C., et al.
- The potential and limitations of plasma BNP measurement in the diagnosis, prognosis, and management of children with heart failure due to congenital cardiac disease: an update. Heart Fail Rev. (2014) 19 (6): 727-42. Review. Cantinotti M., et al.
- State of the art of immunoassay methods for B-type natriuretic peptides: An update. Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci. (2015) 52 (2): 56-69. Review. Clerico A., et al.
- Full Name: Brain Natriuretic Peptide (BNP) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant, Plasma, Cell Lysates, Other Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 9.38 pg/ml