- Created on the 12 July, 2017.
Human Borrelia burgdorferi IgM ELISA kit can be used for measuring in-vitro quantitative amounts of human IgM antibodies against Borrelia burgdorferi in samples of serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.99 U/ml.
Borrelia burgdorferi is responsible for causing Lyme disease and it is a member of the spirochete group of bacterium, this is due to their unique corkscrew shape and twisting propulsion. There are about 20 different species which have been associated with relapsing fevers, majority of these are transmitted by soft tick and some by lice (Borrelia recurrentis). Borrelia species are not Gram-positive or negative but known as diderm (double membrane). Majority of cases for B. burgdorferi are found either in North America or in Europe.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgM antibodies against Borrelia burgdorferi using current human borrelia burgdorferi IgM ELISA kit was 0.99 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 10.0 – 150.0 IU/ml.
- Multiplex assay (Mikrogen recomBead) for detection of serum IgG and IgM antibodies to 13 recombinant antigens of Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato in patients with neuroborreliosis: the more the better? J Med Microbiol. (2015) 64 (Pt 3): 224-31. Dessau R.B., et al.
- High frequency of false positive IgM immunoblots for Borrelia burgdorferi in clinical practice. Clin Microbiol Infect. (2012) 18 (12): 1236-40. Seriburi V., et al.
- Intrathecal synthesis of anti-Borrelia burgdorferi antibodies in neuroborreliosis: a study with special emphasis on oligoclonal IgM antibody bands. Scand J Immunol. (1993) 37 (3): 369-76. Wang Z.Y., et al.
- False-positive IgM antibodies to Borrelia burgdorferi in indirect ELISA as a result of IgM rheumatoid factor. J Infect Dis. (1990) 161 (6): 1312. Barka N.E., et al.
- Full Name: Borrelia Burgdorferi IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.99 U/ml