- Created on the 12 July, 2017.
Human Borrelia burgdorferi IgG ELISA kit is designed for measuring in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgG antibodies to Borrelia burgdorferi in serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.99 U/ml.
Borrelia burgdorferi belongs to the spirochete class (based on its twisting propulsion and unique corkscrew shape) of the bacterial species and the majority of cases of it are identified in Europe and North America. Lyme disease is caused by this bacterium and there are approx. 20 different species within the genus Borrelia that have been linked with relapsing fevers, all of which are transmitted by soft ticks or in some cases by lice (Borrelia recurrentis). Borrelia species are more frequently referred to as double-membrane (diderm) bacteria instead of negative or Gram-positive. Depending on the strain of Borrelia, it is able to spread through the bloodstream which can cause cardiovascular, arthritic and neurological symptoms to distant sites in the body.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies to Borrelia burgdorferi using current human borrelia burgdorferi IgG ELISA kit was 0.99 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 10.0 – 150.0 IU/ml.
- Light chain distribution of anti-Borrelia burgdorferi IgG antibodies in Lyme arthritis. Scand J Immunol. (1992) 35 (3): 343-51. Cruz M, Sidén A.
- Oligoclonal Borrelia burgdorferi-specific IgG antibodies in cerebrospinal fluid in Lyme neuroborreliosis. J Infect Dis. (1990) 161 (6): 1194-202. Hansen K., et al.
- Strong IgG antibody responses to Borrelia burgdorferi glycolipids in patients with Lyme arthritis, a late manifestation of the infection. Clin Immunol. (2009) 132 (1): 93-102. Jones K.L., et al.
- Immobilized pH gradient isoelectric focusing and immunoblotting for investigations of anti-Borrelia burgdorferi IgG antibodies. Electrophoresis. (1992) 13 (4): 229-34. Cruz M. and Sidén A.
- Analysis of Borrelia burgdorferi IgG antibodies with a combination of IgG ELISA and VlsE C6 peptide ELISA. Clin Microbiol Infect. (2005) 11 (2): 147-50. Jansson C., et al.
- Full Name: Borrelia Burgdorferi IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.99 U/ml