- Created on the 12 July, 2017.
Human Bordetella pertussis toxin IgM ELISA kit is a method designed for detecting quantitative and semi-quantitative amounts of IgM-class antibodies to Bordetella pertussis toxin in serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit to a diagn. 94.0%.
Pertussis toxin (PT) is a 105 kDa hexamer which adopts a classical AB5 structure, it is also crucial in the process of colonisation within the respiratory tract and play an important role in the establishment of infections. PT can have a direct effect of the innate immune response by inhibiting neutrophil chemotaxis activity and affecting the early formation of chemokines. There is evidence to suggest pertussis toxin can be useful therapeutic tool in the treatment of a wide variety of human ailments. Bordetella pertussis toxin-IgM ELISA kit is intended for many diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgM-class antibodies to Bordetella pertussis toxin using current human Bordetella pertussis toxin IgM ELISA kit was to a diagn. 94.0%. The dynamic range for this assay was to a cut-off point.
- Antibodies to Bordetella pertussis adenylate cyclase toxin in neonatal and maternal sera. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. (1993) 6 (4): 325-30. Arciniega J.L., et al.
- Pertussis toxin inhibits activation-induced cell death of human thymocytes, pre-B leukemia cells and monocytes. J Exp Med. (1994) 180 (3): 1147-52. Ramírez R., et al.
- Activation of distinct T cell subsets involved in IgM antibody response of mice by pertussis toxinfrom Bordetella pertussis strain Maeno. Int Arch Allergy Appl Immunol. (1984) 75 (2): 132-8. Kumazawa Y., et al.
- Analysis of antibody profiles in children with whooping cough. Dev Biol Stand. (1991) 73: 267-73. Novotny P., et al.
- Evaluation of culture, immunofluorescence, and serology for the diagnosis of pertussis. J Clin Microbiol. (1989) 27 (4): 752-7. Halperin S.A., et al.
- Full Name: Bordetella Pertussis Toxin IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: diagn. 94.0%