- Created on the 12 July, 2017.
Human Bordetella pertussis toxin IgA ELISA kit is intended for measuring quantitative and semi-quantitative levels of IgA-class antibodies against Bordetella pertussis toxin using plasma or serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit to a diagn. 97.3%.
Pertussis toxin (PT) is formed by Bordetella pertussis bacteria and it is a 105 kDa hexamer protein with a typical AB5 architecture. PT is fundamental in the colonisation of the respiratory tract and is also essential for the establishment of infection. It has also been shown to affect the innate immune response, by inhibiting early recruitment of macrophages and neutrophils and this can lead to interfering with chemokine production or inhibition of neutrophil chemotaxis. Recent publications have also suggested that PT may play an important therapeutic role in the treatment of many human ailments such as hypertension, autoimmune inhibition and viral inhibition.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgA-class antibodies against Bordetella pertussis toxin using current human Bordetella pertussis toxin IgA ELISA kit was to a diagn. 97.3%. The dynamic range for this assay was to a cut-off point.
- The concept of pertussis as a toxin-mediated disease. Pediatr Infect Dis. (1984) 3 (5): 467-86. Review. Pittman M.
- Development and validation of an Australian in-house anti-pertussis toxin IgG and IgA enzyme immunoassay. Pathology. (2013) 45 (2): 172-80. May M.L., et al.
- Serologic diagnosis of pertussis: evaluation of pertussis toxin and other antigens in enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. J Infect Dis. (1990) 161 (5): 966-71. Mertsola J., et al.
- Adjuvant action of cholera toxin and pertussis toxin in the induction of IgA antibody response to orally administered antigen. Vaccine. (1993) 11 (2): 113-8. Wilson A.D., et al.
- Comparative role of immunoglobulin A in protective immunity against the Bordetellae. Infect Immun. (2007) 75 (9): 4416-22. Wolfe D.N., et al.
- Full Name: Bordetella Pertussis Toxin IgA ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: diagn. 97.3%