- Created on the 12 July, 2017.
Human Bordetella pertussis FHA IgG ELISA kit is designed for in-vitro quantitative determination of human IgG antibodies to Bordetella FHA in serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.5 IU/ml.
Bordetella pertussis is the causative agent of whooping cough that is a gram-negative bacteria and pathogenic. Some of the virulence factors of B. pertussis are pertussis toxin, filamentous haemagglutinin (FHA), fimbria, tracheal cytotoxin and pertactin. FHA is a large beta-helical, highly immunogenic that can be either surface associated or secreted. It has a number of different attachment activities because of its multiple binding domain and it forms a major component for many new pertussis vaccines. For many diagnostic screening methods FHA is performed in combination with pertussis toxin.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies to Bordetella FHA using current human Bordetella pertussis FHA IgG ELISA kit was 0.5 IU/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 25.0 – 250.0 IU/ml.
- Serum IgG antibody responses to pertussis toxin and filamentous hemagglutinin in nonvaccinated and vaccinated children and adults with pertussis. Clin Infect Dis. (1999) 28 (3): 552-9. Trollfors B., et al.
- Differences of IgG antibody avidity after an acellular pertussis (aP) booster in adolescents after a whole cell (wcP) or aP primary vaccination. Vaccine. (2013) 31 (2): 387-93. Prelog M., et al.
- Acquisition of IgG serum antibodies against two Bordetella antigens (filamentous hemagglutinin and pertactin) in children with no symptoms of pertussis. Pediatr Infect Dis J. (1995) 14 (6): 517-21. Isacson J., et al.
- Assessment of IgG avidity against pertussis toxin and filamentous hemagglutinin via an adapted enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) using ammonium thiocyanate. J Immunol Methods. (2013) 387 (1-2): 36-42. Almanzar G., et al.
- Full Name: Bordetella Pertussis FHA IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.5 IU/ml