- Created on the 12 July, 2017.
Bordetella pertussis is the causative agent of whooping cough that is a gram-negative bacteria and pathogenic. Some of the virulence factors of B. pertussis are pertussis toxin, filamentous haemagglutinin (FHA), fimbria, tracheal cytotoxin and pertactin. FHA is a large beta-helical, highly immunogenic that can be either surface associated or secreted. It has a number of different attachment activities because of its multiple binding domain and it forms a major component for many new pertussis vaccines. For many diagnostic screening methods FHA is performed in combination with pertussis toxin.
Human Bordetella pertussis FHA-IgG ELISA kit is designed for in-vitro quantitative determination of human IgG antibodies to Bordetella FHA in serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.5 IU/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human Bordetella FHA IgG using this human Bordetella pertussis FHA-IgG ELISA kit was 0.5 IU/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 25.0 – 250.0 IU/ml.
- Serum IgG antibody responses to pertussis toxin and filamentous hemagglutinin in nonvaccinated and vaccinated children and adults with pertussis. Clin Infect Dis. (1999) 28 (3): 552-9. Trollfors B., et al.
- Differences of IgG antibody avidity after an acellular pertussis (aP) booster in adolescents after a whole cell (wcP) or aP primary vaccination. Vaccine. (2013) 31 (2): 387-93. Prelog M., et al.
- Acquisition of IgG serum antibodies against two Bordetella antigens (filamentous hemagglutinin and pertactin) in children with no symptoms of pertussis. Pediatr Infect Dis J. (1995) 14 (6): 517-21. Isacson J., et al.
- Assessment of IgG avidity against pertussis toxin and filamentous hemagglutinin via an adapted enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) using ammonium thiocyanate. J Immunol Methods. (2013) 387 (1-2): 36-42. Almanzar G., et al.
- Full Name: Bordetella Pertussis FHA IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.5 IU/ml