- Created on the 12 July, 2017.
Bordetella pertussis is a pathogenic, gram-negative bacteria which belongs to the genus Bordetella family and is the causative agent of whooping cough or pertussis. The virulence factors of B. pertussis include filamentous haemagglutinin (FHA), pertussis toxin, tracheal cytotoxin, pertactin and fimbria. FHA is a cell surface protein that plays a major role in adhesin for this organism and it forms an essential component of a large number of new acellular pertussis vaccines. In is common practise to use FHA in combination with pertussis toxin for many diagnostic screening applications, whereas the use of highly pure B. pertussis toxin alone is used mainly monitoring of vaccination programmes. FHA is a highly immunogenic and large beta-helical which can be both secreted or surface associated. FHA is able to display a variety of attachment activities which is largely derived from its multiple binding domains. This property is able to facilitate Bordetella attachment to many extracellular structures and eukaryotic cell types.
Human Bordetella pertussis FHA-IgA ELISA kit can be used for analysing in-vitro quantitative amounts of human IgA antibodies against Bordetella FHA using plasma and serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.5 IU/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human Bordetella FHA IgA using this human Bordetella pertussis FHA-IgA ELISA kit was 0.5 IU/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 10.0 – 50.0 IU/ml.
- Analysis of antibody profiles in children with whooping cough. Dev Biol Stand. (1991) 73: 267-73. Novotny P., et al.
- Serological diagnosis of pertussis: evaluation of IgA against whole cell and specific Bordetella pertussis antigens as markers of recent infection. Epidemiol Infect. (2002) 128 (2): 161-7. Poynten M., et al.
- Serum IgA responses against pertussis proteins in infected and Dutch wP or aP vaccinated children: an additional role in pertussis diagnostics. PLoS One. (2011) 6 (11): e27681. Hendrikx L.H., et al.
- Immunoglobulin A antibodies to pertussis toxin and filamentous hemagglutinin in saliva from patients with pertussis. J Clin Microbiol. (1990) 28 (7): 1502-5. Zackrisson G., et al.
- Correlation of IgA, IgM and IgG antibody-detecting assays based on filamentous haemagglutinin, pertussis toxin and Bordetella pertussis sonicate in a strictly adult population. Epidemiol Infect. (2005) 133 (1): 149-58. Klement E., et al.
- Full Name: Bordetella Pertussis FHA IgA ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.5 IU/ml