- Created on the 6 February, 2017.
Human BMP-2 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP-2) in human serum, plasma, cell culture supernatant, tissue lysates and body fluids. This BMP-2 ELISA kit has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of < 1.0 pg/ml.
Bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP-2, BMP 2A) is a member of the transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta) superfamily of proteins. BMP-2 is like the other bone morphogenetic proteins and is involved in the development of cartilage and bone formation during embryogenesis. It is also involved in epithelial to mesenchymal transition, cardiac cell differentiation, induces p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), medulloblastoma cell and retinoid-induced apoptosis.
Bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) have an important function in promoting osteogenesis and currently there are clinical trials that are underway to evaluate the ability of certain BMPs to promote spinal fusion and fracture-healing. This BMP-2 ELISA kit uses a standard which is a recombinant human BMP-2 that constitutes a dimer of two chains of 114 amino acids with a total molecular mass of 26KDa.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP-2) using this human BMP-2 ELISA kit was approximately < 1.0 pg/ml. The dynamic assay range for this ELISA assay is 15.6 – 1000.0 pg/ml.
- Bone morphogenetic protein-2 and bone therapy: successes and pitfalls. J Pharm Pharmacol. (2016) 68 (2): 139-47. Review. Poon B., et al.
- Role of PlGF in the intra- and intermolecular cross talk between the VEGF receptors Flt1 and Flk1. Nature Med. (2003) 9: 936-943. Autiero, M., et al.
- Complications with the use of bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP-2) in spine surgery. Spine J. (2014) 14 (3): 552-9. Review. Tannoury C.A. and An H.S.
- Isolation of a human placenta cDNA coding for a protein related to the vascular permeability factor. Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. (1991) 88: 9267-9271. Maglione, D., et al.
- Full Name: Bone Morphogenetic Protein-2 (BMP-2) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Tissue Lysates, Cell Culture Supernatant, Body Fluids
- Sensitivity: < 1.0 pg/ml