- Created on the 2 February, 2017.
Big endothelin-1 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring big endothelin-1 (big ET-1) in human EDTA-plasma, serum, tissue extracts and cell culture media. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.3 pg/ml.
Big endothelin-1 (big ET-1) is a 39 amino acid peptide residue that is synthesised and secreted from endothelium and vascular smooth muscle cells. Initially, it is formed as an inactive enzyme which can later be later activated following a cleavage step using metalloproteinases and serine and aspartic proteases. The activated form is known as endothlin-1 (ET-1), it is a potent vasoconstrictor and can also be produced by the action of endothelin converting enzyme (ECE) and other enzymes such as endopeptidases, non-ECE metalloproteinases and chymases on big-ET-1.
The action of endothelin is mediated by the binding of two receptors ETA and ETB. The activation of ETA can cause an increased vasoconstriction and also sodium retention, which can lead to increasing the blood pressure. Whereas activation of ETB receptors can trigger the release of vasorelaxive factors (prostanoids and nitric oxide), which can cause an increase in urine production and elimination thereby resulting in lowering the blood pressure. Big endothelin-1 ELISA kit is a protocol which can be used in a wide range of clinical diagnostic processes.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of big ET-1 using current human big endothelin-1 ELISA kit was approximately 0.3 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.78 – 100.0 pg/ml.
- Plasma big endothelin-1 level and the severity of new-onset stable coronary artery disease. J Atheroscler Thromb. (2015) 22 (2): 126-35. Chen J., et al.
- Serum big endothelin-1 as a biomarker in oral squamous cell carcinoma patients: an analytical study. J Appl Oral Sci. (2015) 23 (5): 491-6. Mankapure P.K., et al.
- Associations of big endothelin-1 and C-reactive protein in atrial fibrillation. J Geriatr Cardiol. (2016) 13 (5): 465-70. Zheng L.H., et al.
- Serum big endothelin-1 levels in female patients with breast cancer. Int Immunopharmacol. (2008) 8 (8): 1119-23. Yildirim Y., et al.
- Full Name: Big Endothelin-1 (Big ET-1) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: EDTA-Plasma, Serum, Tissue Extracts, Cell Culture Media
- Sensitivity: 0.3 pg/ml