Human big endothelin-1 ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative procedure for measuring big ET-1 (big endothelin-1) in human plasma (EDTA, citrate, heparin) and serum. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.02 pmol/l.
Big endothelin-1 (big ET-1) is a 39 amino acid peptide residue that is synthesised and secreted from endothelium and vascular smooth muscle cells. Initially, it is formed as an inactive enzyme which can later be later activated following a cleavage step using metalloproteinases and serine and aspartic proteases. The activated form is known as ET-1, it is a potent vasoconstrictor and can also be produced by the action of endothelin converting enzyme (ECE) and other enzymes such as endopeptidases, non-ECE metalloproteinases and chymases on big endothelin-1.
The action of human big endothelin-1 is mediated by the binding of two receptors ETA and ETB. The activation of ETA can cause an increased vasoconstriction and also sodium retention, which can lead to increasing the blood pressure. Whereas activation of ETB receptors can trigger the release of vasorelaxive factors (prostanoids and nitric oxide), which can cause an increase in urine production and elimination thereby resulting in lowering the blood pressure.
BIG ENDOTHELIN-1 ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Pre-Coated Microplate: Coated with polyclonal sheep big endothelin-1 antibody.
- Wash Buffer (20x Concentrated).
- Monoclonal mouse anti human big ET-1 antibody, biotin labelled.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 0.10, 0.20, 0.40, 1.0, 3.0 pmol/L. Made up from synthetic big endothelin-1.
- Control (Lyophilised).
- Conjugate: Containing streptavidin-HRPO).
- Substrate (TMB).
- Stop Solution.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of big endothelin-1 (big ET-1) using current human big ET-1 ELISA kit was approximately 0.02 pmol/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0 – 3.0 pmol/l.
– Big Endothelin-1 (Big ET-1): ELISA
– Assay Range: 0 – 3.0 pmol/l (1pg/ml = 0.2335 pmol/l, MW: 4.283kDa)
– Sensitivity: LOD: (0 pmol/l + 3 SD): 0.02 pmol/l; LLOQ: 0.03 pmol/l.
– Cross-reactivity: Porcine Big ET (1-39)(21%), Rat Big ET1 (1-39)(10%), ET1/2/3 (1-21), ET2 (1-37), ET1/2 (1-38), Big ET1/2 (22-38), Big ET2 (22-37), Sarafotoxin (< 1%).
– Intra-Assay Variation: 2.0 – 5.0%
– Inter-Assay Variation: 4.0 – 4.0%
– Spike/Recovery: Serum (100%), Plasma-EDTA (100%), Plasma-Citrate (98%), – Plasma-Heparin (97%).
– Linearity: Serum (90 – 96%), Plasma-EDTA (104 – 110%)
- Plasma big endothelin-1 level and the severity of new-onset stable coronary artery disease. J Atheroscler Thromb. (2015) 22 (2): 126-35. Chen J., et al.
- Serum big-endothelin-1 as a biomarker in oral squamous cell carcinoma patients: an analytical study. J Appl Oral Sci. (2015) 23 (5): 491-6. Mankapure P.K., et al.
- Associations of big endothelin 1 and C-reactive protein in atrial fibrillation. J Geriatr Cardiol. (2016) 13 (5): 465-70. Zheng L.H., et al.
- Full Name: Big Endothelin-1 (Big ET-1) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma (EDTA, Heparin, Citrate)
- Sensitivity: 0.086 pg/ml