- Created on the 26 May, 2017.
Beta-2 glycoprotein 1 (also called beta-2 GP1, apolipoprotein H, ApoH) can be synthesised by endothelial cells, trophoblast cells and hepatocytes. It is a 326 amino acid polypeptide which consists of 5 homologous domains that are each approx. 60 amino acids. Beta-2 GP1 antibodies are found in patients which have antiphospholipid syndrome (APS), this condition has been linked to many clinical symptoms such as pregnancy complications, thrombocytopenia, thrombosis, systemic rheumatic diseases, hemolytic anemia, nonbacterial thrombotic endocarditis and unexplained cutaneous circulatory disturbances. In clinical research autoantibodies to beta-2 GP1 antibodies can be identified using many different types of assays for example functional coagulation assays and immunoassays. ELISA tests can be used to determine different classes of these autoantibodies (IgM, IgG and IgA).
Human beta-2 glycoprotein 1 ELISA kit is designed to screen in vitro quantitative levels of IgM, IgA and IgG autoantibodies to beta2-glycoprotein I (apolipoprotein H, beta-2 GP1, ApoH) in human serum and plasma samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.5 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human beta-2 GP1 screen (IgA, IgM or IgG) using this human beta-2 glycoprotein 1 ELISA kit was 0.5 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 3.3 – 90.0 U/ml.
- β(2) -Glycoprotein I: evolution, structure and function. J Thromb Haemost. (2011) 9 (7): 1275-84. Review. de Groot P.G. and Meijers J.C.
- New tests to detect antiphospholipid antibodies: anti-domain I beta-2-glycoprotein-I antibodies. Curr Rheumatol Rep. (2014) 16 (2): 402. Review. Chighizola C.B., et al.
- Anticardiolipin and anti-beta-2-glycoprotein I antibodies. Autoimmunity. (2005) 38 (1): 33-8. Review. Marai I., et al.
- Anti-β2-glycoprotein I antibodies. Ann N Y Acad Sci. (2013) 1285: 44-58. Review. Willis R. and Pierangeli S.S.
- Laboratory methods to detect antiphospholipid antibodies. Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program. (2014) 2014 (1): 321-8. Review. Krilis S.A. and Giannakopoulos B.
- Full Name: Beta-2 Glycoprotein I Screen ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.5 U/ml