- Created on the 26 May, 2017.
Human BPI ELISA kit can be used for measuring in vitro quantitative concentrations of IgG autoantibodies to bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein (BPI IgG) in human seruma and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.5 U/ml.
Bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein (BPI) is a 456 residue cationic protein which is approx. 50kDa in size, produced only by precursors of polymorphonuclear leukocytes and forms part of the innate immune system. BPI has potent killing activity against gram-negative bacteria and is often referred to as an endogenous antibiotic protein. It has the ability to binds to compounds which are known as lipopolysaccharides, these are potent activators of the immune system. There is evidence that a certain concentration of BPI can prevent this activation process. The following BPI ELISA kit is ideal for many diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies to human bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein (BPI IgG) using current human BPI ELISA kit was 0.5 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 6.3 – 100.0 U/ml.
- The bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein (BPI) in infection and inflammatory disease. Clin Chim Acta. (2007) 384 (1-2): 12-23. Review. Schultz H. and Weiss J.P.
- Meet the relatives: a family of BPI- and LBP-related proteins. Trends Immunol. (2004) 25 (2): 53-5. Review. Bingle C.D. and Craven C.J.
- Prospects for use of recombinant BPI in the treatment of gram-negative bacterial infections. Infect Agents Dis. (1995) 4 (2): 102-9. Review. Elsbach P. and Weiss J.
- Antimicrobial peptides and colitis. Curr Pharm Des. (2013) 19 (1): 40-7. Review. Ho S., et al.
- Expression of BPI (bactericidal/permeability-increasing protein) in human mucosal epithelia. Biochem Soc Trans. (2003) 31 (Pt 4): 795-800. Review. Levy O., et al.
- Antimicrobial peptides: the ancient arm of the human immune system. Virulence. (2010) 1 (5): 440-64. Review. Wiesner J. and Vilcinskas A.
- Full Name: Bactericidal/Permeability-Increasing protein(BPI) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.5 U/ml