- Created on the 13 July, 2017.
Aspergillus fumigatus is known to cause invasive infection to the lungs and this can result in either morbidity or mortality for the individual involved. It is a filamentous and thermotolerant fungus, this allows it to naturally occur in decay material and composting processes. Aspergillosis can be described as a group of diseases that can lead to aspergillus infections such as aspergilloma, invasive aspergillosis, CPA and ABPA. It is able to result in invasive fungal infections to immunosuppressed patients for example those receiving organ transplant, immunosuppressive therapy, AIDS treatment. It has also been shown to lead to allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis, allergic disease in immunocompetent hosts and chronic pulmonary infections.
Human Aspergillus fumigatus-IgM ELISA kit is a method for in-vitro quantitative measurement of human IgM antibodies to Aspergillus fumigatus using samples of plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.04 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human Aspergillus fumigatus IgM using this human Aspergillus fumigatus-IgM ELISA kit was 1.04 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 60.0 U/ml.
- A monoclonal IgM directed against immunodominant catalase B of cell wall of Aspergillus fumigatus exerts anti-A. fumigatus activities. Mycoses. (2009) 52 (6): 524-33. Chaturvedi A.K., et al.
- Studies on galactofuranose-containing glycostructures of the pathogenic mold Aspergillus fumigatus. Int J Med Microbiol. (2011) 301 (6): 523-30. Heesemann L., et al.
- Immunologic observations in sera of a patient with allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis by means of the enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. J Allergy Clin Immunol. (1984) 74 (5): 741-6. Kauffman H.F., et al.
- Enzyme-linked immuno-filtration assay (ELIFA) for the detection of IgG, IgM, IgA and IgE antibodies against Aspergillus fumigatus. J Med Vet Mycol. (1987) 25 (2): 77-83. Pinon J.M., et al.
- Full Name: Aspergillus Fumigatus IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.04 U/ml