- Created on the 13 July, 2017.
Aspergillus fumigatus is a filamentous fungus which can occur naturally in decaying organic material and since it is also a thermotolerant fungus it can grow in elevated temperatures that are found in the composting process. A. fumigatus is able to frequently cause invasive fungal infection in immunosuppressed individuals such as AIDS patients, organ transplant recipients and those receiving immunosuppressive therapy for neoplastic or autoimmune disease. It is predominately responsible for causing invasive infection to the lungs and can lead to mortality and morbidity in these patients. There is also evidence to suggest it can cause allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis, cause chronic pulmonary infections and allergic disease in immunocompetent hosts. Aspergillosis is essentially a group of diseases that are result of aspergillus infections and these include ABPA, aspergilloma, CPA and invasive aspergillosis.
Human Aspergillus fumigatus-IgG ELISA kit is intended for in-vitro quantitative analysis of human IgG antibodies against Aspergillus fumigatus in serum or plasma samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.08 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human Aspergillus fumigatus IgG using this human Aspergillus fumigatus-IgG ELISA kit was 1.08 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.0 – 200.0 U/ml.
- Allergic aspergillosis and the antigens of Aspergillus fumigatus. Curr Protein Pept Sci. (2014) 15 (5): 403-23. Review. Singh B., et al.
- Between-laboratory quality control of automated analysis of IgG antibodies against Aspergillus fumigatus. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. (2012) 74 (3): 278-81. van Toorenenbergen A.W.
- Role of Aspergillus fumigatus-specific IgG in diagnosis and monitoring treatment response in allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. Mycoses. (2017) 60 (1): 33-39. Agarwal R., et al.
- Precipitins and specific IgG antibody to Aspergillus fumigatus in a chest unit population. Thorax. (1992) 47 (1): 48-52. Faux J.A., et al.
- The uptake of Aspergillus fumigatus protein by serum IgG antibody from patients with pulmonary aspergillosis. Clin Allergy. (1977) 7 (2): 117-25. Jacoby B., et al.
- Full Name: Aspergillus Fumigatus IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.08 U/ml