Human Aspergillus fumigatus IgG ELISA kit is intended for in-vitro quantitative analysis of human IgG antibodies against Aspergillus fumigatus (Aspergillus fumigatus-IgG) in serum or plasma samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.08 U/ml.
Aspergillus fumigatus is a filamentous fungus which can occur naturally in decaying organic material and since it is also a thermotolerant fungus it can grow in elevated temperatures that are found in the composting process. A. fumigatus is able to frequently cause invasive fungal infection in immunosuppressed individuals such as AIDS patients, organ transplant recipients and those receiving immunosuppressive therapy for neoplastic or autoimmune disease. It is predominately responsible for causing invasive infection to the lungs and can lead to mortality and morbidity in these patients. There is also evidence to suggest it can cause allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis, cause chronic pulmonary infections and allergic disease in immunocompetent hosts. Aspergillosis is essentially a group of diseases that are result of aspergillus infections and these include ABPA, aspergilloma, CPA and invasive aspergillosis.
ASPERGILLUS FUMIGATUS IGG ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Aspergillus fumigatus antigen coated microtiter strips.
- Calibrator A (Negative Control).
- Calibrator B (Cut-Off Standard).
- Calibrator C (Weak Positive Control).
- Calibrator D (Positive Control).
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution.
- Sample Diluent.
- Washing Buffer (10x).
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG antibodies against Aspergillus fumigatus using current human Aspergillus fumigatus-IgG ELISA kit was 1.08 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 1.0 – 200.0 U/ml.
– Aspergillus fumigatus ELISA: IgG
– Intra-Assay-Precision: 9.9 %
– Inter-Assay-Precision: 11.1 %
– Inter-Lot-Precision: 3.5 – 16.4 %
– Analytical Sensitivity: 1.08 U/mL
– Recovery: 87 – 97 %
– Linearity: 74 – 114 %
– Cross-Reactivity: No cross-reactivity to Candida albicans
– Interferences: No interferences to bilirubin up to 0.3 mg/mL, hemoglobin up to 8.0 mg/mL and triglycerides up to 5.0 mg/mL
– Clinical Specificity: 81 %
– Clinical Sensitivity: 100 %
- Allergic aspergillosis and the antigens of Aspergillus fumigatus. Curr Protein Pept Sci. (2014) 15 (5): 403-23. Review. Singh B., et al.
- Role of Aspergillus fumigatus specific IgG in diagnosis and monitoring treatment response in allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. Mycoses. (2017) 60 (1): 33-39. Agarwal R., et al.
- Precipitins and specific IgG antibody to Aspergillus fumigatus in a chest unit population. Thorax. (1992) 47 (1): 48-52. Faux J.A., et al.
- The uptake of Aspergillus fumigatus protein by serum IgG antibody from patients with pulmonary aspergillosis. Clin Allergy. (1977) 7 (2): 117-25. Jacoby B., et al.
- Full Name: Aspergillus Fumigatus IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.08 U/ml