Human ascaris lumbricoides IgG ELISA kit is designed to determine in-vitro quantitative levels of human IgG class antibodies to ascaris lumbricoides (ascaris lumbricoides-IgG) using serum or plasma samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit to diagn. > 95%.
Ascaris lumbricoides is one of the most common parasitic worm in humans which has the capacity of growing up to lengths of 35 cm, it is often referred to has a “giant roundworm”. This organism can lead to the disease ascariasis, which is a type of helminthiaisis (a neglected tropical disease group). Ascaris lumbricoides is able to infect humans after an ingested fertilised egg becomes a larval worm, this is able penetrate the walls of the duodenum and then enter into the blood stream. From here it is able to enter the liver, heart and the pulmonary circulatory system before breadking free into the alveoli where it can grow and molt. One of its key characteristics is its large size (approx. 2-6 mm diameter and 15-50 cm long). There are an estimated 1 billion people in the world that are infected, it is most common in America, East Asia, China and sub-Saharan Africa. The infection with this parasite is usually is places where the sanitation is poor and in many cases raw human feces are being used as fertilisers. The prevention of any fecal-borne disease requires an education in hygienic cultures/habits, in addition to effective fecal treatment systems.
ASCARIS LUMBRICOIDES IGG ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Ascaris Lumbricoides coated microplate (IgG).
- Sample Diluent.
- Stop Solution.
- Washing Buffer (20x conc.).
- Protein A Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Ascaris Lumbricoides IgG Positive Control.
- Ascaris Lumbricoides IgG Cut-off Control.
- Ascaris Lumbricoides IgG Negative Control.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG class antibodies to ascaris lumbricoides using current human ascaris lumbricoides-IgG ELISA kit was to diagn. > 95%. The dynamic range for this assay is to a cut-off point.
– Ascaris Lumbricoides ELISA: IgG
– Cut-of: 10 U
– Positive: > 11 U
– Equivocal: 9 – 11 U
– Negative: < 9 U
– Diagnostic Specificity: 95.0 %
– Diagnostic Sensitivity: 100.0 %
– Cross Reactivity: Cross reaction with antibodies against Toxocara canis, Trichinella, Fasciola, Filaria and Strongyloides cannot be excluded.
– Interferences: Interferences with hemolytic, lipemic or icteric samples are not observed up to a concentration of 10 mg/ml hemoglobin, 5 mg/ml triglycerides and 0.5 mg/ml bilirubin.
- Evaluation of IgG4 response in ascariasis by ELISA for serodiagnosis. Trop Med Int Health. (1996) 1 (5): 633-9. Chatterjee B.P., et al.
- Antibody responses to Ascaris-derived proteins and glycolipids: the role of phosphorylcholine. Parasite Immunol. (2006) 28 (8): 363-71. van Riet E., et al.
- The strength of the antibody response to the nematode Ascaris lumbricoides inversely correlates with levels of B-Cell Activating Factor (BAFF). BMC Immunol. (2014) 15: 22. Bornacelly A., et al.
- An investigation of the antigens of Ascaris lumbricoides using a radioimmunoassay and sera of naturally infected humans. Int Arch Allergy Appl Immunol. (1980) 61 (2): 213-9. O’Donnell I.J. and Mitchell G.F.
- Bronchial challenge of tropical asthmatics with Ascaris lumbricoides. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. (1992) 2 (2): 97-105. Lynch N.R., et al.
- Full Name: Ascaris Lumbricoides IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: diagn. > 95%