- Created on the 29 June, 2017.
Human anti-ssDNA ELISA kit is intended for analysing in-vitro quantitative concentrations of anti IgG auto-antibodies to single-stranded DNA (ssDNA) in human plasma and serum samples. This anti-ssDNA ELISA kit has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Auto-antibodies against DNA are usually either IgM or IgG type which are able to react with natural single-stranded DNA (ssDNA), double stranded DNA (dsDNA) or both types. ssDNA antibodies tend to be found in high frequency in patients that either have systemic sclerosis or systemic lupus erythematosus, they are also present in both non-rheumatic and rheumatic diseases. ssDNA antibodies are vital in conjunction with detecting histone antibodies for the differential diagnosis of drug-induced lupus. In the serum of SLE patients, up to 87% patients display ssDNA antibodies during the acute relapse of the disease whereas only 43% is present in the inactive phase. There is also evidence to indicate that ssDNA antibodies are present in patients with juvenile chronic arthritis (JCA) and collagenases. Anti-ssDNA ELISA kit is ideal for various different diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human single-stranded DNA (ssDNA) anti IgG auto-antibodies using this human anti-ssDNA ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this ELISA assay is 12.5 – 200.0 U/ml.
- Single-Stranded DNA Aptamers against Pathogens and Toxins: Identification and Biosensing Applications. Biomed Res Int. (2015) 2015: 419318. Review. Hong K.L. and Sooter L.J.
- Expression of antibody activity measured by ELISA. Anti-ssDNA antibody activity characterized by the shape of the dose-response curve. J Immunol Methods. (1983) 62 (3): 315-23. Gripenberg M. and Gripenberg G.
- Mutational analysis of a sequence-specific ssDNA binding lupus autoantibody. Biochemistry. (2003) 42 (1): 30-41. Cleary J. and Glick G.D.
- Immunoregulatory characteristics of the in vitro anti-ssDNA response. Immunol Res. (1993) 12 (4): 349-57. Anderson C.C., et al.
- Binding hot-spots in an antibody-ssDNA interface: a molecular dynamics study. Mol Biosyst. (2012) 8 (12): 3274-80. Wang Y.T. and Lee W.J.
- Thermodynamic basis for sequence-specific recognition of ssDNA by an autoantibody. Biochemistry. (2001) 40 (9): 2911-22. Ackroyd P.C., et al.
- Full Name: Anti-ssDNA Ab ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml