- Created on the 26 May, 2017.
Human anti-sperm antibody ELISA kit can be used for measuring in vitro quantitative concentrations of antibodies directed anti-spermatozoa antibody (ASA, anti-sperm-antibody) in human serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 25.0 U/ml.
The ELISA-plate contains a mixture of spermatozoa proteins which can be recognised by anti-spermatozoa antibodies.
Anti-sperm antibodies can target spermatozoa antigens present in both men and women, these have been found to lead to infertility. Majority of these antibodies fight against male sperm in the semen, blood and vaginal fluids. They are able to trigger an immune response which has the ability to damage or even kill sperm in either men or women. When high levels of spermatozoa antibodies come into contact with sperm, they make it hard for the sperm to fertilise an egg. The following anti-sperm antibody ELISA kit can be used for clinical practices and is highly recommended for diagnosing disorders of fertility. It must also be noted that the terms anti-spermatozoa antibodies, sperm antibodies and anti-sperm antibodies are all equivalent and mean the same thing.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human anti-spermatozoa antibodies (ASA, anti-sperm-antibody) using current human anti-sperm antibody ELISA kit was 25.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.0 – 250.0 U/ml.
- The influence of anti-zona and anti-sperm antibodies on sperm–egg interactions. J Reprod Fertil. (1981) 62 (2): 597-606. Review. Aitken R.J., et al.
- [A quantitative ELISA for the measurement of class-specific anti-spermatozoa antibodies]. Zentralbl Gynakol. (1990) 112 (23): 1455-61. German. Meinecke B., et al.
- In-vitro effects of anti-sperm antibodies on human sperm movement. Hum Reprod. (1991) 6 (3): 405-10. De Almeida M., et al.
- Serum sperm antibodies after diarrhoeal diseases. Andrologia. (2007) 39 (3): 101-8. Kalaydjiev S., et al.
- Estimation of anti-spermatozoa antibody concentrations by a [125I]protein-A binding assay in sera of infertile patients. J Clin Chem Clin Biochem. (1983) 21 (6): 357-62. Czuppon A.B. and Mettler L.
- A solid-phase assay for the detection of anti-sperm antibodies. Am J Reprod Immunol. (1993) 29 (4): 241-6. Okada H., et al.
- Full Name: Anti-Spermatozoa Antibodies (ASA) Serum ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: 25.0 U/ml