Human anti-spermatozoa antibody serum ELISA kit can be used for measuring in vitro quantitative concentrations of antibodies directed ASA (anti-spermatozoa antibody, anti sperm antibody) in human serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 25.0 U/ml.
The ELISA-plate contains a mixture of spermatozoa proteins which can be recognised by anti-spermatozoa antibodies.
Anti-spermatozoa antibody can target spermatozoa antigens present in both men and women, these have been found to lead to infertility. Infertility is regarded as a frequent problem in couples during their reproductive phase, generally, the occurrence of anti-sperm antibodies present in the serum or semen tend to be response for causing immunoinfertility. The following anti-spermatozoa antibody serum ELISA kit is an ideal diagnostic tool for a wide variety of fertility related immunological disorders. Serum can be used as an indirect test for detecting antibodies against sperm. The presence of anti-sperm antibodies in the serum will result in generating a positive test.
Majority of these antibodies fight against male sperm in the semen, blood and vaginal fluids. They are able to trigger an immune response which has the ability to damage or even kill sperm in either men or women. When high levels of spermatozoa antibodies come into contact with sperm, they make it hard for the sperm to fertilise an egg. The following human ASA serum ELISA kit can be used for clinical practices and is highly recommended for diagnosing disorders of fertility. It must also be noted that the terms anti-spermatozoa antibodies, sperm antibodies and anti-sperm antibodies are all equivalent and mean the same thing.
ANTI-SPERMATOZOA ANTIBODY SERUM ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter strips coated with spermatozoa antigen (96 wells).
- Standard 1-3: Concentration 31-250 U/ml, made up from anti spermatozoa antibody (ASA).
- Control: Containing human anti-spermatozoa antibody (ASA).
- Dilution buffer
- Washing solution (10x).
- Enzyme conjugate.
- Substrate: Tetramethylbenzidin (TMB).
- Stop solution: Contains acid.
- Holder for single strips.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of anti-spermatozoa antibody (ASA, anti sperm antibody) using current human ASA serum ELISA kit was 25.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.0 – 250.0 U/ml.
- The influence of anti-zona and anti-sperm antibodies on sperm–egg interactions. J Reprod Fertil. (1981) 62 (2): 597-606. Review. Aitken R.J., et al.
- [A quantitative ELISA for the measurement of class-specific anti-spermatozoa antibodies]. Zentralbl Gynakol. (1990) 112 (23): 1455-61. German. Meinecke B., et al.
- In-vitro effects of anti-sperm antibodies on human sperm movement. Hum Reprod. (1991) 6 (3): 405-10. De Almeida M., et al.
- Serum sperm antibodies after diarrhoeal diseases. Andrologia. (2007) 39 (3): 101-8. Kalaydjiev S., et al.
- Estimation of anti-spermatozoa antibody concentrations by a [125I]protein-A binding assay in sera of infertile patients. J Clin Chem Clin Biochem. (1983) 21 (6): 357-62. Czuppon A.B. and Mettler L.
- A solid-phase assay for the detection of anti-sperm antibodies. Am J Reprod Immunol. (1993) 29 (4): 241-6. Okada H., et al.
- Full Name: Anti-Spermatozoa Antibodies (ASA) Serum ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: 25.0 U/ml