- Created on the 31 May, 2017.
Human dsDNA screen ELISA kit can be used for analysing in vitro quantitative levels of anti IgA, IgG and IgM autoantibodies to double stranded DNA (dsDNA) in human serum or plasma samples. This dsDNA screen ELISA kit has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Anti double stranded DNA (anti-dsDNA) have been vital in the diagnosis of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and they are produced by the immune system when it fails to differentiate self from non-self. Majority of patient with SLE are found to display antibodies against dsDNA for IgG, IgA and IgM class within their sera, these autoantibodies are usually associated with lupus nephritis. Also, many studies have demonstrated the link of these subclass with certain parameters of the disease activity for example consumption of complement component C3, elevated erythrocyte sedimentation rate, acral necrosis, erythema, cutaneous vasculitis. Anti-dsDNA screen ELISA kit is designed to be used for many diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human anti double stranded DNA antibodies (dsDNA screen) using this human dsDNA screen ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this ELISA assay is 12.5 – 200.0 U/ml.
- A recombinant topoisomerase I ELISA: screening for IgG, IgM and IgA anti-topo I autoantibodies in human sera. Clin Exp Immunol. (1992) 89 (3): 456-60. Verheijen R., et al.
- Significance of levels of specific immunoglobulins to DNA in SLE patients’ sera detected by solid phase radioimmunoassay. J Invest Dermatol. (1979) 72 (2): 55-8. Heinzerling R.H., et al.
- Analyzing pathogenic (double-stranded (ds) DNA-specific) plasma cells via immunofluorescence microscopy. Arthritis Res Ther. (2015) 17: 293. Winter O., et al.
- Vomitoxin-induced dysregulation of serum IgA, IgM and IgG reactive with gut bacterial and self antigens. Food Chem Toxicol. (1992) 30 (6): 499-504. Rasooly L. and Pestka J.J.
- Full Name: Anti-dsDNA Screen ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml