- Created on the 31 May, 2017.
Anti-double stranded DNA (anti-dsDNA) are useful in diagnosing lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus, SLE), these are a group of autoantibodies which are known as antinuclear antibodies (ANA). They are produced by the immune system when the body fails to distinguish self and non-self. The antibodies targeted against dsDNA tend to present in the active phase of SLE and for majority of cases the levels of the serum concentrations positively correlate with the severity of the disease. IgM class anti-dsDNA antibodies have been identified in approx. 50 % of the sera from patients with SLE, however, in contrast to IgA and IgG autoantibodies, the subclass IgM antibodies display no correlation with disease activity. There is a highly significant negative correlation lupus nephritis and IgM anti-dsDNA antibodies, indicating this may be a subset of lupus patients that is being protected against the risk of developing nephritis.
Human ds-DNA IgM ELISA kit is a method designed for determining in vitro quantitative concentrations of IgM autoantibodies to double stranded DNA (dsDNA) using human plasma and serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human double stranded DNA antibodies (dsDNA IgM) using this human ds-DNA IgM ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 12.5 – 200.0 U/ml.
- IgM antibodies against dsDNA in SLE. Clin Rev Allergy Immunol. (2008) 34 (3): 345-7. Review. Witte T.
- Initiation of systemic autoimmunity and sequence specific anti-DNA autoantibodies. Crit Rev Immunol. (1999) 19 (2): 117-26. Review. Radic M.Z., et al.
- IgM peak independently predicts treatment-free survival in chronic lymphocytic leukemia and correlates with accumulation of adverse oncogenetic events. Leukemia. (2015) 29 (2): 337-45. Rizzo D., et al.
- Quantitative analyses of C3b capture and immune adherence of IgM antibody/dsDNA immune complexes. J Immunol. (1989) 143 (11): 3626-31. Taylor R.P., et al.
- IgG and IgM autoantibody differences in discoid and systemic lupus patients. J Invest Dermatol. (2012) 132 (12): 2770-9. Chong B.F., et al.
- Full Name: Anti-dsDNA IgM ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml