- Created on the 31 May, 2017.
Anti-dsDNA antibodies are members of the anti-nuclear antibodies (ANA) and their main target antigen is double stranded DNA. They are predominately linked to systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and if the disease is active then this can lead to high levels of anti-DNA antibodies being found. In patients that have lupus nephritis, a high amount of anti-dsDNA is associated with ongoing damage and inflammation to the kidneys. Patients with rheumatoid arthritis have also been found to develop double stranded DNA antibodies but this is usually tends to be related to the treatment undertaken. Many assay formats have been used to detect and quantify anti-dsDNA antibodies (such as polyethylene glycol assay, microarrays, flow cytometry, Farr assay and EIA/ELISA).
Human ds-DNA IgG ELISA kit is a procedure for measuring in vitro quantitative levels of IgG autoantibodies to double stranded DNA (dsDNA) using human plasma or serum. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human double stranded DNA antibodies (dsDNA IgG) using this human ds-DNA IgG ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 12.5 – 200.0 U/ml.
- Evaluation of a high avidity anti-dsDNA IgG enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the diagnosis of systemic lupus erythematosus. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. (2011) 4 (8): 748-54. Suh-Lailam B.B., et al.
- Violation of an evolutionarily conserved immunoglobulin diversity gene sequence preference promotes production of dsDNA-specific IgG antibodies. PLoS One. (2015) 10 (2): e0118171. Silva-Sanchez A., et al.
- Light chain determines the binding property of human anti dsDNA IgG autoantibodies. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. (2000) 271 (1): 240-3. Suzuki M., et al.
- The antigen-binding fragment of anti-double-stranded DNA IgG enhances F-actin formation in mesangial cells by binding to alpha-actinin-4. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). (2012) 237 (9): 1023-31. Zou X., et al.
- Significant differences in the analytic concordance between anti-dsDNA IgG antibody assays for the diagnosis of systemic lupus erythematosus–implications for inter-laboratory testing. Clin Chim Acta. (2011) 412 (11-12): 1076-80. Chiaro T.R., et al.
- Full Name: Anti-dsDNA IgG ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml