- Created on the 31 May, 2017.
Anti-dsDNA antibodies belong to a family of anti-nuclear antibodies (ANA), primarily associated with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and their target antigen is double stranded DNA. The presence of anti-dsDNA antibodies often is an indication of more serious lupus (for example lupus nephritis) and when the disease is active, elevated levels anti-DNA antibodies are often present. In patients that suffer from lupus nephritis, a high concentration of anti-dsDNA is often linked with ongoing inflammation and possible damage to the kidneys. Patients with rheumatoid arthritis have also been found to develop anti-dsDNA antibodies but this tends to be treatment related. There are a number different assay formats which can be used in the detection and quantification anti-dsDNA antibodies. Some examples of these include flow cytometry, ELISA/EIA, Farr assay, microarrays and polyethylene glycol assay.
Human ds-DNA IgA ELISA kit is intended for in vitro quantitative analysis of IgA autoantibodies against dsDNA in human serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human double stranded DNA antibodies (dsDNA IgA) using this human ds-DNA IgA ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 12.5 – 200.0 U/ml.
- Association of IgA anti-dsDNA antibodies with vasculitis and disease activity in systemic lupus erythematosus. SLE Study Group. Rheumatol Int. (1998) 18 (2): 63-9. Witte T., et al.
- Antidouble-stranded DNA isotypes in lupus erythematosus patients with prevalent cutaneous presentation. Br J Dermatol. (2002) 147 (4): 754-6. Parodi A., et al.
- Anti-dsDNA antibody isotypes in systemic lupus erythematosus: IgA in addition to IgG anti-dsDNA help to identify glomerulonephritis and active disease. PLoS One. (2013) 8 (8): e71458. Villalta D., et al.
- Anti-DNA antibodies of IgA class in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Rheumatol Int. (1986) 6 (2): 53-5. Gripenberg M. and Helve T.
- IgA anti-dsDNA antibodies in systemic lupus erythematosus: occurrence, incidence and association with clinical and laboratory variables of disease activity. J Rheumatol. (1993) 20 (1): 53-8. Miltenburg A.M., et al.
- Full Name: Anti-dsDNA IgA ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml