- Created on the 29 March, 2017.
Human annexin V ELISA kit can be used for analysing in vitro quantitative levels of annexin V (ANX-V, annexin-A5) in human plasma, cell lysates, serum, tissue homogenates, other biological fluids and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of < 0.06 ng/ml.
Annexin V which is also usually called annexin-A5 is a cellular protein which has been useful in detecting apoptotic cells due to their ability to bind phosphatidylserine (a common marker for apoptosis). There are many publication indicating that annexin V may play a vital in inhibiting blood coagulation through competing with prothrombin for phosphatidylserine binding sites and it is able to inhibit the activity of phospholipase A1.
Annexin-A5 is often used as a non-quantitative probe in order to detect cells which are expressing phosphatidylserine on the cell surface, this event is common is cells that are undergoing death or apoptosis. Platelets can also expose phosphatidylserine on the cell surface when they are activated and this can serve as binding site for a number of different coagulation factors. Annexin V has been shown to interact with Integrin, beta 5 and kinase insert domain receptor and also to be upregulated in papillary thyroid carcinoma. Antibodies directed against annexin-A5 can be found in patients with antiphospholipid syndrome (APS), this is a thrombophilic disease which is linked with autoantibodies against phospholipid compounds. The following annexin V ELISA kit is suitable for measuring many different diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of annexin-A5 or ANX-V using current human annexin V ELISA kit was 0.06 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.1 – 38.0 ng/ml.
- Annexin A5 as a potential marker in tumors. Clin Chim Acta. (2014) 427: 42-8. Review. Peng B., et al.
- Annexin V, the regulator of phosphatidylserine-catalyzed inflammation and coagulation during apoptosis. Cell Mol Life Sci. (1997) 53 (6): 527-32. Review. Reutelingsperger C.P. and van Heerde W.L.
- Anti-annexins autoantibodies: their role as biomarkers of autoimmune diseases. Autoimmun Rev. (2011) 10 (9): 553-8. Review. Iaccarino L., et al.
- Apoptosis imaging: beyond annexin V. J Nucl Med. (2010) 51 (11): 1659-62. Review. Niu G. and Chen X.
- Annexin-A5 promotes membrane resealing in human trophoblasts. Biochim Biophys Acta. (2015) 1853 (9): 2033-44. Review. Carmeille R., et al.
- Annexin V and phospholipid metabolism. Clin Chem Lab Med. (1999) 37 (3): 287-91. Review. Russo-Marie F.
- Full Name: Annexin V (ANX-V) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant, Cell Lysates, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Other Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: < 0.06 ng/ml