- Created on the 31 October, 2017.
Angiotensinogen (AGT) is a vital component of the renin-angiotensin system, it is constitutively produced and then released from the liver into the plasma where it can be cleaved to give angiotensin. AGT belongs to a group of protein known as serpin, it is an alpha-2-globulin protein. Angiotensinogen has been linked to pre-eclampsia, neonatal/foetal mortality, morbidity, heterogeneous disorders and predisposition to hypertension. In the blood elevating the concentration of corticosteroid, angiontensin II, estrogen and thyroid hormone can result in increasing the levels of plasma AGT.
Rat intact angiotensinogen ELISA kit is a method for quantitative detection of angiotensinogen (intact) in rat serum, cell culture supernatant, EDTA-plasma and urine samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.02 ng/ml.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of angiotensinogen (intact) using this rat intact angiotensinogen ELISA kit was approximately 0.02 ng/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 0.08 – 5.0 ng/ml.
- Distribution of immunoreactive angiotensin II, angiotensin I, angiotensinogen and renin in the central nervous system of intact and nephrectomized rats. Hypertension. (1984) 6 (2 Pt 2): I130-6. Healy D.P. and Printz M.P.
- Reduced hypertension-induced end-organ damage in mice lacking cardiac and renal angiotensinogen synthesis. J Mol Med (Berl). (2002) 80 (6): 359-66. Kang N., et al.
- An intactrenin-angiotensin system is a prerequisite for normal renal development. J Hypertens. (2000) 18 (2): 123-37. Review. Guron G. and Friberg P.
- Effect of angiotensin II on angiotensinogen production in adrenalectomized rats. Life Sci. (1990) 46 (23): 1657-60. Nakamura A., et al.
- Hormonal control of angiotensinogen production. Life Sci. (1982) 30 (7-8): 577-84. Dzau V.J. and Herrmann H.C.
- Sexual dimorphism of urine angiotensinogen excretion in the rat. Jpn J Pharmacol. (1994) 64 (4): 243-50. Wang E., et al.
- Full Name: Angiotensinogen Intact ELISA Kit (Rat)
- Reactivity: Rat
- Sample Type: Cell Culture Supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma,
- Sensitivity: 0.02 ng/ml