- Created on the 2 February, 2017.
Angiotensinogen is a hormone which is important in regulating blood pressure and fluid balance – a component of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS). It is synthesised in the liver and secreted into the plasma, it also appears to be associated with; predisposition to essential hypertension, heterogeneous disorders, pregnancy-induced hypertension (pre-eclampsia), foetal or neonatal mortality and morbidity. Angiotensinogen is can be catalytically cleaved by renin to order to generate angiotensin I under conditions where blood pressure is lowered. Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) is then able to subsequently remove a dipeptide leading to the production of angiotensin II, which is the physiologically active peptide and functions in regulating the volume and the mineral balance of body fluids.
Also, in recent studies the interested associated to the role of renin-angiotensin system in arterial pressure control and pathophysiology of hypertension has shifted to its specific role locally in various tissues. This ELISA assay is a complete kit that is intended for quantitative determination of human angiotensinogen using samples of serum, urine, EDTA-plasma and cell culture media.
Angiotensinogen ELISA kit is a reliable quantitative method for detecting angiotensinogen in human serum, EDTA-plasma, cell culture media and urine. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.03 ng/ml.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of angiotensinogen using this human angiotensinogen ELISA kit was approximately 0.03 ng/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 0.31 – 20.0 ng/ml.
- Expression of angiotensinogen mRNA and protein in angiotensin II-dependent hypertension. J Am Soc Nephrol. (2001) 12 (3): 431-9. Kobori H., Harrison-Bernard L.M. and Navar L.G.
- Novel sandwich ELISA for human angiotensinogen.Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. (2007) 293 (3): F956-60. Katsurada A., et al.
- Enhancement of angiotensinogen expression in angiotensin II-dependent hypertension. Hypertension. (2001) 37 (5): 1329-35. Kobori H., et al.
- Full Name: Angiotensinogen ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, EDTA-Plasma, Urine, Cell Culture Media
- Sensitivity: 0.03 ng/ml