- Created on the 31 October, 2017.
Rat angiotensinogen ELISA kit can be used for measuring quantitative levels of angiotensinogen (AGT) in rat plasma, serum, cell culture supernatant and urine samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.02 ng/ml.
Angiotensinogen (AGT) is an important member of the serpin family of proteins, it is an alpha-2-globulin that is constitutively produced and released into circulation by the liver. Predominant function involves regulating fluid balance and blood pressure through the renin-angiotensin system. The concentration of plasma angiotensinogen can be elevated by increasing plasma estrogen, corticosteroid, angiontensin II and thyroid hormone levels. Angiotensinogen is catalytically cleaved by renin to generate angiotensin I under conditions of low blood pressure. There is evidence to indicate that it can be associated with heterogeneous disorders, predisposition to hypertension, pre-eclampsia, morbidity, neonatal or foetal mortality.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of AGT using current rat angiotensinogen ELISA kit was approximately 0.02 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.31 – 20.0 ng/ml.
- Determination of plasma and urinary angiotensinogen levels in rodents by newly developed ELISA. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. (2008) 294 (5): F1257-63. Kobori H., et al.
- Effects of growth hormone and estrogen on rat angiotensinogen quantified by an enzyme linked immunosorbent assay. Clin Exp Hypertens A. (1992) 14 (3): 551-63. Karlsson R., et al.
- High glucose induces activation of the local renin‑angiotensin system in glomerular endothelial cells. Mol Med Rep. (2014) 9 (2): 450-6. Peng H., et al.
- Urinary angiotensinogen as a novel biomarker of the intrarenal renin-angiotensin system status in hypertensive patients. Hypertension. (2009) 53 (2): 344-50. Kobori H., et al.
- Up-regulation of intrarenal renin-agiotensin system contributes to renal damage in high-salt induced hypertension rats. Kidney Blood Press Res. (2014) 39 (6): 526-35. Wu H., et al.
- Full Name: Angiotensinogen ELISA Kit (Rat)
- Reactivity: Rat
- Sample Type: Serum, Urine, Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 0.02 ng/ml