- Created on the 26 May, 2017.
Cytoplasmic anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (cANCAs or PR3-ANCA) are autoantibodies which are produced by the body to attack its own proteins. Proteinase 3 (PR3) is one of the most common target protein and it can occur throughout the neutrophil cytoplasm. It is predominately found in granulomatosis with polyangiitis patients (over 90%). PR3 is also known to catabolise a variety of human proteins for example elastin, four subclasses of IgG (including PR3-ANCA/PR3 complex) and proteoglycans. It is widely accepted that C-ANCA/PR3-ANCA is present in around 80% of patients with Wegener’s granulomatosis and almost 35% of patients with microscopic polyangiitis and Churg-Strauss syndrome. The PR-3 specific ELISA methods can be used to interpret samples that are difficult to analyse by indirect immunofluorescence techniques such as those with high background fluorescence or those which exhibit several antibodies simultaneously.
Human ANCA-C ELISA kit is designed for measuring IgG autoantibodies to proteinase 3 (PR3) using human serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.5 U/ml.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human IgG autoantibodies to proteinase 3 (PR3) using this human ANCA-C ELISA kit was 0.5 U/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 5 – 100.0 U/ml.
- Human proteinase 3 (PR3) and its binding molecules: implications for inflammatory and PR3-related autoimmune responses. Ann N Y Acad Sci. (2007) 1109: 84-92. Müller A., et al.
- PR3-ANCA: a promising biomarker for ulcerative colitis with extensive disease. Clin Chim Acta. (2013) 424: 267-73. Mahler M., et al.
- Antibodies directed against neutrophils (C-ANCA and P-ANCA) are of distinct diagnostic value in systemic vasculitis. Q J Med. (1990) 77 (284): 1287-96. Venning M.C., et al.
- Performance evaluation of three assays for the detection of PR3-ANCA in granulomatosis with polyangiitis in daily practice. Autoimmun Rev. (2013) 12 (12): 1118-22. Noel N, André C., et al.
- Full Name: ANCA-C (PR3) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.5 U/ml