- Created on the 26 May, 2017.
Human ANA screen ELISA kit is designed for screening in vitro quantitative concentrations of IgG autoantibodies to nuclear antigens (ANA screen) in human serum or plasma. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of diagn. 96.4%.
A mixture of purified antigens SS-A 60, SS-A 52, SS-B, RNP-70, Sm, RNP/Sm, Scl-70, Centromere B and Jo-1 is coated on to microwells.
Antinuclear antibodies (ANA) are present in the blood of individuals that have group of autoimmune disorders usually referred to as connective tissue diseases (CTD). They are a specific class of autoantibodies which can bind and destroy certain structures within the nucleus of the cells. ANAs have a number of different subtypes which include anti-histone, anti-sp100, anti-centromere, anti-Scl-70, anti-Ro, anti-La, anti-nRNP, anti-Sm and anti-dsDNA antibodies. They can also be found in many disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, idiopathic thrombocytopaenic purpura, multiple sclerosis, systemic lupus erythematosus, Sjögren’s syndrome, autoimmune hepatitis, thyroid disease, scleroderma, psoriatic arthritis, discoid lupus, dermatomyositis, cancer and infections.
Initially, screening is carried out using a generic ELISA which detects human ANA of a broad specificity or indirect immunofluorescence tests. If positive, then more specific tests are carried out based on these findings. These antigen specific ELISA assays have the ability to react with single autoantigens for example Sm/RNP, SS-B/La, dsDNA, Scl-70, Sm, SS-A/Ro etc. ANA screen ELISA kit is designed for a number of diagnostic applications.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IgG autoantibodies to anti-nuclear antibodies using current human ANA screen ELISA kit was diagn. 96.4%.The dynamic range for this assay is cut-off index 1.0.
- Performance of antinuclear antibody connective tissue disease screen. Ann N Y Acad Sci. (2007) 1109: 322-9. López-Hoyos M., et al.
- Evaluation of the LIAISON ANA screen assay for antinuclear antibody testing in autoimmune diseases. Ann N Y Acad Sci. (2007) 1109: 407-13. Ghillani P., et al.
- ANA screening: an old test with new recommendations. Ann Rheum Dis. (2010) 69 (8): 1420-2. Meroni P.L. and Schur P.H.
- ANA testing in the presence of acute and chronic infections. J Immunoassay Immunochem. (2016) 37 (5): 439-52. Review. Litwin C.M. and Binder S.R.
- Antinuclear antibody screening by ELISA and IF techniques: discrepant results in juvenile idiopathic arthritis but consistency in childhood systemic lupus erythematous. Clin Rheumatol. (2014) 33 (5): 643-7. Spârchez M., et al.
- Full Name: ANA Screen ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 96.4%