- Created on the 28 October, 2017.
Amyloid beta (also known as Aβ and Abeta) is made up of peptides that range from 36-43 amino acids and these are important in Alzheimer’s disease because amyloid plaques have been discovered in the brains of Alzheimer patients. Senile plaques that have been identified consist of both Aβ40 and Aβ42, whereas the vascular amyloid predominately contains the shorter Aβ40. Also, due to its more hydrophobic nature Aβ42 is regarded as the more amyloidogenic form of the peptide. Many functions of amyloid beta have been found such as activation of kinase enzymes, regulation of cholesterol transport, functioning as a transcription factor, protection against oxidative stress and anti-microbial activity. Currently, biomarkers and ELISA assays have been vital in measuring levels of amyloid beta so that Alzheimer’s disease can be discovered at its early stages.
Rat/mouse amyloid beta (1-42) ELISA kit can be used for detecting quantitative concentrations of amyloid beta (Aβ, Abeta)(1-42) in rat and mouse EDTA plasma or serum samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.05 pg/ml.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of amyloid beta (Aβ, Abeta) using this rat/mouse amyloid beta (1-42) ELISA kit was approximately 0.05 pg/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 1.56 – 100.0 pg/ml.
- Technical performance of a novel, fully automated electrochemiluminescence immunoassay for the quantitation of β-amyloid (1-42) in human cerebrospinal fluid. Alzheimers Dement. (2016) 12 (5): 517-26. Bittner T., et al.
- Biomarkers in the diagnosis and management of Alzheimer’s disease. Metabolism. (2015) 64 (3 Suppl 1): S47-50. Review. Wurtman R.
- The membrane-active amphibian peptide caerin 1.8 inhibits fibril formation of amyloid β1-42. Peptides. (2015) 73: 1-6. Liu Y., et al.
- Inhalation of coriander volatile oil increased anxiolytic-antidepressant-like behaviors and decreased oxidative status in beta-amyloid (1-42) rat model of Alzheimer’s disease. Physiol Behav. (2014) 131: 68-74. Cioanca O., et al.
- Cellular Model of Alzheimer’s Disease: Aβ1-42 Peptide Induces Amyloid Deposition and a Decrease in Topo Isomerase IIβ and Nurr1 Expression. Curr Alzheimer Res. (2017) 14 (6): 636-644. Terzioglu-Usak S., et al.
- Full Name: Amyloid Beta (1-42) ELISA Kit (Rat/Mouse)
- Reactivity: Rat, Mouse
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.05 pg/ml