Aflatoxin total ELISA kit is intended for detecting quantitative concentrations of total aflatoxin in food (such as cereals, dry fruit, nuts, chillies, beer and oils). This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.05 ng/ml.
Aflatoxins are a family of toxins which can be present naturally in a number of foods and in some cases be associated with cancer if eaten in large quantities. Some of the foods which include this are frequently found in improperly stored staple commodities such as: variety of species, cassava, cotton seed, peanuts, corn (maize), chilli peppers, millet, wheat, tree nuts, rice, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and sorghum. The following total aflatoxin ELISA kit procedure offers a highly sensitive detection system which can be used for samples such as nuts, cereals, chillies, dry fruit, oils and beer.
The main fungi that is producing aflatoxins are Aspergillus flavus and Aspergillus parasiticus, both of these tend to be abundant in warm and humid climates. Aflatoxins are predominately ingested, however, there are some aflatoxin (namely B1) can permeate through the skin. Methods that are used for detection include analysis of AFB1-guanine adduct (in urine) or AFB1-albumin adduct (in blood serum).
AFLATOXIN TOTAL ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with antibody-binding protein.
- Aflatoxin Standards 1-6: Concentrations 0, 0.05, 0.1, 0.25, 0.5, 1.5 ng/ml.
- Anti-Aflatoxin Antibody (Mouse).
- Conjugate (Aflatoxin-Peroxidase).
- Substrate Solution (TMB).
- Stop Solution.
- Sample Diluent (PBS).
- Washing Solution (10x Concentrate).
- Instruction Manual.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of aflatoxin using current aflatoxin total ELISA kit was 0.05 ng/ml. The standard range for this assay is 0.05 – 1.5 ng/ml.
– Aflatoxin Total: ELISA
– Sensitivity: Limit of detection, LOD (0.015ng/ml), Limit of quantification, LOQ (0.046ng/ml)
– Recovery: Wheat (99%), Hazelnut (87%), Rye (92%), Peanut (101%), Barley (92%), Almond (93%), Oats (85%), Dry Fruit – Sultana (103%), Sorghum (101%), Dry Fruit – Fig (114%), Rice (102%), Chili (92%), Corn (92%), Oil (121%), Beer (101%).
– Linearity: 91 – 119%
– Intra-Assay Precision: 4.7%
– Inter-Assay Precision: 6.6%
– Reactivity: Aflatoxin B1 (100%), Aflatoxin B2 (73%), Aflatoxin G1 (74%), Aflatoxin G2 (49%), Aflatoxin M1 (60%).
- Validation of an ELISA test kit for the detection of total aflatoxins in grain and grain products by comparison with HPLC. Mycopathologia. (2005) 159 (2): 255-63. Zheng Z., et al.
- Determination of aflatoxin concentrations in peanut butter by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA): study of three commercial ELISA kits. J Assoc Off Anal Chem. (1989) 72 (6): 965-9. Patey A.L., et al.
- Distribution of total aflatoxins in milled fractions of hulled rice. J Agric Food Chem. (2007) 55 (7): 2760-4. Castells M., et al.
- Effect of experimental feed additives on aflatoxin in milk of dairy cows fed aflatoxin-contaminated diets. J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl). (2013) 97 (4): 694-700. Kissell L., et al.
- Monoclonal IgA Antibodies for Aflatoxin Immunoassays. Toxins (Basel). (2016) 8 (5). pii: E148. Ertekin Ö., et al.
- Full Name: Aflatoxin Total ELISA Kit
- Sample Type: Food (Chillies, Cereals, Oils, Dry Fruit, Beer, Nuts)
- Sensitivity: 0.05 ng/ml