- Created on the 3 October, 2017.
Aflatoxin B1 is an incredibly potent carcinogen that is produced by Aspergillus flavus and A. parasiticus. However, this carcinogenic potency tends to vary across many different species for example rats displays a higher susceptibility when compared to monkeys. Aflatoxin B1 is predominately found in contaminated food such as corn, cottonseed meal, peanuts and many other grains. It is highly regarded as the most toxic aflatoxin which is also implicated in hepatocellular carcinoma in humans, in animals it is also found to be teratogenic, mutagenic and can lead to immunosuppression. Some of the common analytical procedure which have been used for analysing aflatoxin B1 include HPLC, TLC, mass spectrometry and ELISA assays.
Aflatoxin B1 ELISA kit is a method for rapid quantitative measurement of aflatoxin B1 in beer/gyle and cereals. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 0.5 ppb.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of aflatoxin B1 using this aflatoxin B1 ELISA kit was 0.5 ppb. The standard assay range for this kit is 1.5 – 24.0 ppb.
- Enzyme-linkedimmunosorbent (ELISA) determination of aflatoxin B1 in peanut butter: collaborative trial. Food Addit Contam. (1988) 5 (4): 601-8. Mortimer D.N., et al.
- Aflatoxins as a cause of hepatocellular carcinoma. J Gastrointestin Liver Dis. (2013) 22 (3): 305-10. Review. Kew M.C.
- Effect of climate change on Aspergillus flavus and aflatoxin B1 production. Front Microbiol. (2014) 5: 348. Review. Medina A., et al.
- Dietary aflatoxin exposure and chemoprevention of cancer: a clinical review. J Toxicol Clin Toxicol. (2003) 41 (2): 195-204. Review. Sudakin D.L.
- A reviewof the dose-response induction of DNA adducts by aflatoxin B1 and its implications to quantitative cancer-risk assessment. Mutat Res. (1993) 296 (3): 181-98. Review. Choy W.N.
- Rapid immunoenzyme assayof aflatoxin B1 using magnetic nanoparticles. Sensors (Basel). (2014) 14 (11): 21843-57. Urusov A.E., et al.
- Full Name: Aflatoxin B1 ELISA Kit
- Sample Type: Cereals, Beer/Gyle
- Sensitivity: 5 ppb