- Created on the 27 October, 2017.
Mouse adiponectin ELISA kit is a procedure intended for measuring quantitative concentrations of adiponectin in mouse serum and plasma samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of < 0.008 ng/ml.
Adiponectin (also known as Acrp30, AdipoQ, GBP-28 and apM1) is a protein that is involved in regulating glucose and fatty acids breakdown. It can be classified as a protein hormone which modulates many different metabolic processes such as fatty acid oxidation and glucose regulation, adiponectin is mainly secreted from the adipose tissues into the bloodstream and it is found to be abundant in the plasma when compared to many other hormones. The use of rats and mice offer a suitable model organisms in order to carry out basic research and many pre-clinical studies, this is in addition to the number of different cell culture models and studies using human patients. Transgenic mice which display increased levels of adiponectin are also found to show impaired adipocyte differentiation and there also increased levels of energy expenditure that is linked with protein uncoupling. This hormone is vital in suppressing metabolic derangements which could lead to obesity, type 2 diabetes, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and atherosclerosis. Adiponectin in combination with leptin can also cause a complete reversal of insulin resistance in mice.
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of adiponectin using current mouse adiponectin ELISA kit was approximately 0.008 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.025 – 1.0 ng/ml.
- Accumulation of adiponectin in inflamed adipose tissues of obese mice. Metabolism. (2014) 63 (4): 542-53. Nakatsuji H., et al.
- Role of adiponectin in adipose tissue wound healing. Genet Mol Res. (2015) 14 (3): 8883-91. Jin C.E., et al.
- Protease-based ELISA for selective quantification of mouse high-molecular-weight adiponectin. Clin Chim Acta. (2009) 401 (1-2): 181-3. Ebinuma H. and Matsuo M.
- Adiponectin is partially associated with exosomes in mouse serum. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. (2014) 448 (3): 261-6. Phoonsawat W., et al.
- Full Name: Adiponectin ELISA Kit (Mouse)
- Reactivity: Mouse
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: < 0.008 ng/ml